Advice on Selling My Desktop for a Laptop

Tactix1

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Right now, I have a desktop PC but I think it's more than what I need for the games I play. Plus, I also need a laptop for work so I'm hoping I can sell my PC and buy a laptop, while also pocketing some money in the process. Please let me know if this would be possible and if so what laptop would you recommend?

The main games I play are UT99, Quake Live and Dota 2. So if I can find a laptop that can handle those games well, I'm happy. Shouldn't take much. More than computing power, I would prefer a laptop with a great screen for gaming, though I assume there aren't any high refresh rates out there for laptops...

My current PC:

• Monitor: BenQ XL2420T 120hz
    CPU: Intel i7 2700k
    Water Cooler: Corsair closed loop system
    GPU: GeForce GTX 670
    Motherboard: Asrock Z77 OC Formula
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX
    RAM: 8GB at ~2100
    Storage: 1x 120GB Intel SSD, 1x 230GB Intel SSD, 1x 230GB standard drive
    W/large case plenty of large fans and a good PSU

Any thoughts on a ball park figure this could go for and the type of laptop I could get in exchange?

Thanks

avenseth12

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I would say at best you may get between $400 to $600 for that PC. You could try to sell it on Ebay and see if someone buys it. You could get a descent laptop from the money to play those games.

Tactix1

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
hm, I was hoping to get around $800 then spend $600 on a laptop. That wouldn't be realistic? I see used versions of my monitor going for $200. The PC is only worth an additional $200?

I forgot to list I also have a Corsair water cooler, I forget which model though I'll have to check.