Aereo Android App Arriving in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

darknate

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
so let me get this straight...its still picking up the signal but now its beaming it to people instead of them having to buy something else to pick up the signal and the companies are saying they are stealing it? that makes absolutely no sense. they should tell the trust and say they are pissed because someone is making money of their product that is free to the consumer.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
not a bad buisness model, not sur eon the legality or how the major netwroks will have any legal action to take against as they are only recording a signal out of the air, btu i am no expert on such things. though i question the service from a standpoint of just buying an antenna and dvr but hey this is simpler to set up and use i suppose

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
The 'idea' is that they are just providing the antenna and digital conversion remotely, then sending it to you over the internet. Plus they will provide extra features.
You pay rent for the antenna and converter and value added features.

It is reminiscent of the master antenna hook up apartment buildings used to charge for, that antenna arrays and channel boosters on the roof to provide excellent reception in big cities that are multiplex hell because of all the tall buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.