Affordable Gaming Laptop for College

farroo

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
1_What is your budget?

$800 USD +/-

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Any

3_What screen resolution do you want?

Any

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5_How much battery life do you need?

Not a huge concern, should be near a plug-in when needed

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

League of Legends, EQ2, FFXIV (if possible) The higher the better

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Possibly watching movies but school work and games will be the priority

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

250 +

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Best Buy, Newegg..... not a big deal where

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Till I'm done with Pharmacy School and can buy a new expensive one :)

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

None known

13_What country do you live in?

USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Nothing more comes to mind, I appreciate peoples input on this forum and it's helped me a great deal in the past with desktops. I've never really bought a laptop before and am just very ignorant on their technology.... desktops is a different story ;)

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Hi there,

You should check out the Alienware M11x. It is a great portable, gaming laptop that is an excellent value at $799. It is smaller than other gaming laptop (it has a 11.6" screen) but it also weighs only 4.4 lbs so it is much lighter and more portable than other gaming laptops.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Tml77

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
@IsabellaWinTeam: Agreed, the m11x is a great choice, although if your living in australia DO NOT buy it from the australian site as it costs about 700 D more, just get it imported from US.