After Siege of Paris, I think I'm done with Assassin's Creed

merk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001
After playing Assassin's Creed: The Siege of Paris, I may be ready to put down the series for good.

After Siege of Paris, I think I'm done with Assassin's Creed : Read more
I have a better reason not to play it - it's not an assassins creed game. It's not a bad game, it's pretty good for whatever it is. But it's not an assassins creed game. I'm not sure how anyone thinks it's an assassins creed game when the assassins are literally just a tiny little side mission. Most of the AC games focused on assassination - usually the stealthy kind. This is more of a historical hack and slash. If you are into that sort of game you'll probably enjoy this. But I don't know why Ubisoft is calling it an AC game. They should have just spun it off either as an entirely new game series, or as some sort of spin off only vaguely related to the AC games. I've finished ALL of the AC games, but this is the first one where I've gotten bored with it after about just half way through it.

I hope the next one is more like an AC game, otherwise I think valhalla will probably be the last one I buy. I really enjoyed the other AC games so i hope the next one goes a little bit more back to the roots of the series.

Aug 17, 2021
I have a better reason not to play it - it's not an assassins creed game. It's not a bad game, it's pretty good for whatever it is. But it's not an assassins creed game. I'm not sure how anyone thinks it's an assassins creed game when the assassins are literally just a tiny little side mission. Most of the AC games focused on assassination - usually the stealthy kind. This is more of a historical hack and slash. If you are into that sort of game you'll probably enjoy this. But I don't know why Ubisoft is calling it an AC game. They should have just spun it off either as an entirely new game series, or as some sort of spin off only vaguely related to the AC games. I've finished ALL of the AC games, but this is the first one where I've gotten bored with it after about just half way through it.

I hope the next one is more like an AC game, otherwise I think valhalla will probably be the last one I buy. I really enjoyed the other AC games so i hope the next one goes a little bit more back to the roots of the series.

I agree with this. The game has lost its sharp wit, humour and gameplay flow. I loved Oydessy and Origins but even those didn't feel like real AC games. I'd rather a shorter game with a better story line that has growth and expands the series. I'm sick of collecting stuff that does nothing or doing main missions that add nothing to the story arc.

Reactions: merk

CGCYT1991

Commendable
Aug 17, 2021
This is my first time here so I really don't care if you are done with Assassin's Creed No one didn't ask for your biased opinion 🤦‍♂️ I still enjoy Assassin's Creed for what it is especially I finished the main story of Valhalla It's by far the best Assassin's Creed game since Black flag 😍 I actually had fun with siege of Paris It may not be the best DLC but it was fun But it's not going to make me quit supporting the Assassin's Creed franchise unlike you 🤦‍♂️ Some people take gaming way too serious gaming is about having fun playing Your favorite games no matter the flaws 🤦‍♂️ I own every single AC game ever released on Xbox Yes that includes AC bloodlines on PSP and mobile AC games 👍 To be honest the franchise kind of died after they stupidly killed off Desmond Miles 🤦‍♂️ in AC3 After that it's just side story after side story but I still enjoy them They are refreshing 👍

merk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001
You kinda contradict yourself CGCYT1991. If no one asked for our biased opinion, did anyone ask for yours? If they didn't want people to comment on their articles, they wouldn't have included a link to post comments.
Some people take gaming way too serious gaming is about having fun playing Your favorite games no matter the flaws

So, we're supposed to play the game no matter the flaws but we're also supposed to play it to have fun? This isn't a charity. People will play a game if they enjoy it. And they'll stop playing it if they don't enjoy it. I'm not going to play a game just because ubisoft says it's an AC game when it has none of the stuff from the previous games that made AC what it was. If you enjoy the game, then keep playing it. I said at the beginning of my post that Valhalla wasn't a bad game. It's just not an AC game.

And then you said
To be honest the franchise kind of died after they stupidly killed off Desmond Miles
So you think they killed the franchise, but it's still an AC game? You basically just agreed with everything i said in my original post. I didn't say it was a bad game, I just said it wasn't an AC game. And you basically just agreed with that.

Let me put it another way. Lets say someone made a superhero movie where superman was in it for 5 minutes and then the rest of the movie had the flash in it and they called the movie superman saves the world. It might be a good superhero movie. It might be a good flash movie. But it's not a superman movie.

That's the same way I feel about Valhalla. It might be a good historical hack and slash or whatever you want to call it. But it's not an AC game.

Aug 19, 2021
I’ve been playing since it was released and have sunk in over 100 hours…it’s showing as 80% complete but is feeling a bit samey. Was actually about to start googling to find out if it is actually possible to complete or if it’s infinite!

merk

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001
I’ve been playing since it was released and have sunk in over 100 hours…it’s showing as 80% complete but is feeling a bit samey. Was actually about to start googling to find out if it is actually possible to complete or if it’s infinite!
I felt the same way except i stopped at 67 hours.