Question After unplugging the eGPU, my laptop begins to be buggy.

7malligk

Honorable
May 4, 2015
Hi,
I have an Asus UX482E Zenbook Duo Pro.
In conjunction with that laptop, I use a Razer Core X Chroma with a AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3060 ELITE 12G GPU.

My problem is that the eGPU is causing my laptop graphics to crash.

The graphics work fine. But after unplugging the eGPU, my laptop begins to be buggy.
Usually the bugs will first begin to appear a few hours after disconnecting the eGPU, and will eventually culminate in me needing to restart the Laptop to get everything functioning again.

When disconnecting the eGPU I have tried two different methods, one is to disconnect the eGPU using the NVIDIA Pannel, and the other method I have tried is to 'eject' the GPU like you would do with a USB or External SSD.
However, no matter which way I disconnect the eGPU, it always results in the laptop becoming buggy overtime, leading to me having to restart.

Another common symptom of the issue is that I will occasionally get BSODs after using the eGPU, with the error code 'Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error'

However, I don't have these issues before connecting the eGPU or while the eGPU is connected, only after disconnecting the eGPU.

Assistance would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Josiah

7malligk

Honorable
May 4, 2015
I can disconnect while shut down, and while it would work, it would be very inconvenient because I am always connecting and disconnecting when I am using the eGPU.
Also I often have many tabs open, which makes restarting an issue.
Hence why I hope someone can help me :D

7malligk

Honorable
May 4, 2015
Also, It causes ongoing issues even after restarting the laptop, and it takes a few days before the laptop returns to normalcy and stops glitching.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 3
tornadotayte Laptop Tech Support 0
V Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 1
non_believer Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 3
Secritek Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 3