Air Force Missile Launch Crew Asleep At The Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They should have given them plenty of redbull and video games to play (missle command) . :)

lobhob

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
I bet people, although not on a typical day, fall asleep doing this job but this is probably the first time they got caught by some high ranking Air Force guy that reported them instead of laughing at them.

G

Good, mabee they will prevent Global Thermo Nuclear War by sleeping at the switch.

Shawnb03

Distinguished
May 12, 2007
3 officers sleeping and a airman reports them sleeping. That part is funny!!! The bad thing is, 3 officers falling asleep that are in charge of nukes. They had old codes, new codes where already installed on the missles so if the crap hit the fan they couldnt even fire the missles. Court Martial the 3

PynkFloydd

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
That's a serious dereliction of duty. While I was in the Army, we used to joke how easy and laid back the Air Force was. I never imagined the incompetence that has been demonstrated over this past year! (oops, we shipped nukes to Taiwan!)

After jumping into NTC, we lasted a month on one hour of sleep per night for well over 30 days. Mind you, this was with hard labor for the rest of the 23 hours awake and limited food. Even when sleep is allowed, you still need security up. After about 3 days without sleep you actually start falling asleep standing up (and while walking). ...but, these guys were in an air conditioned office! The Air Force needs to be decomisioned and absorbed by the other branches. Seriously.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
These guys need to take some pointers from union members. If there are 3 people doing 1 job, then rotate having 2 sleep and 1 awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.