Alienware M15x Not turning on

ethanwdp

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
So I did some casual youtube watching, shut down via the Windows 7 menu, packed up my laptop in a safe suitcase and I was in a car for about an hour there and back. When home again I set up my laptop (metal cooling pad, official charger in, headphones and Logitek mouse) and pressed the power button. Nothing happened. I plugged in my charger again, and the alien head lit up as normal but went away in a few seconds. I hovered my ear over where the charger was plugged in and I heard a faint screech like an old TV turning on. So I unplugged everything, took out the battery, did a power drain for 30 seconds, and popped the battery back in as it was not dead when I turned the laptop off earlier. Now the alien head lit up the color that indicated that it was running on battery, but it didn't go away until I plugged in the charger and it lit up the color indicating it was plugged in and went away in a few seconds. I could still hear the screeching noise that was only prsent when the charger was plugged in. I checked the charger cable and there were no signs of damage. I checked the laptop and there were no signs of damage. I plugged the charger into several different outlets with no results. I left it unplugges overnight with no results. This happened to me before, but it turned on after I left it overnight. The system is no longer covered by warranty. My GPU, CPU, RAM, etc etc also seem to be fine.

ethanwdp

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
There aren't any buttons on the battery? It's not a charger problem either, the battery was fully charged when I turned off the laptop. There are five unlit round lights on the battery, if that helps.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On the battery, there is a button by the 5 power indicator lights. I have a M15x sitting right next to me. When you press it, you will see the state of the battery itself.

It could be dead and not taking a charge. Even if that is the case, the AC adapter should still enable the system to power up.

ethanwdp

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Woah, I just got flashed in the eyes by that haha, didn't know it was a button. Yeah, all 5 turned bright blue and immediaey turned off when I tested it without charger, stays on slightly longer if the charger is connected