Alienware M17x With 3 Major Problems; Looking for Solution

SpitfirePls

Commendable
May 29, 2016
Hey! Website was recommended by a friend, so I'm sorry if there's some protocol I must follow that I didn't; I'm new.

I own an Alienware M17x laptop. Bought it off a pawnshop about 8 months ago. That's all I know about my laptop's internals(sorry).
I've had a couple of problems with this thing, and I was hoping this website's wonderful community could help me out.

1.) This Alienware laptop comes with a small physical "control panel" for volume control, mute, skipping or rewinding/pausing video, ejecting discs, toggling wireless signals, and most importantly, accessing the Alienware Control Panel shortcut, which opens the Alienware Control panel. These buttons are located on the top right of the keyboard, above the number pad(look at pictures on the internet if still confused). This is where the first problem persists. About two weeks after I got this computer, the Alienware Control Panel shortcut button stopped working. I could still go to the FxEditor, but only by clicking on the icon. I know I didn't break the button, so what could've happened? After it broke, I also couldn't change the backlights on the keyboard without first disabling them entirely. I used to be able to switch them without having to disable the lights, but around the time the button on the computer stopped opening up the program, I had to start shutting off the lights to switch the colors.

2.) After I switched to Windows 10, the speakers stopped working. Headphones work, and as well as HDMI connections to other monitors. So, I tried deleting and re-installing the sound driver, but to no avail. After asking a forum(Dell I think), they said this computer simply doesn't work for Windows 10 when it comes to speakers. I don't like this answer, as it seems they just gave up, so hopefully someone can help me out in finding a solution. Willing to try almost anything that makes sense, and some things that don't(but not deleting windows32, thanks).

Now, the big problem.

3.) About 4 days ago, my computer randomly got the Blue Screen of Death. I didn't pay too much attention to when I should have(I know), and now it got worse. The next day, I tried turning on my computer, and it stayed in the loading screen, with the Alienware Logo staring at me for about 15 minutes before I noticed something's wrong. I hit F2, ran it in Debug more(I had no idea what that was so someone please explain it seemed like the right thing to do), and then it loaded up to the password start-up screen. Typing the password was incredibly slow, and I knew something was wrong. The computer shut down again, and I turned it on again. I let it stay on the loading screen, force-shut it down, and did this process for around 2 times. On the 3rd time, it loaded the password login screen, and after slowly putting in my password, it logged me in. The desktop was all black, and only the Windows 10 bottom tab showed up. I couldn't type anything into the search bar. After a while, the computer gave me the BSOD again, and it showed an error message similar to "0xffffffff"(I could be wrong) or something. From my research I discovered this error was the cause mainly to a program installing incorrectly. On the 4th time, I let it stay in the loading screen. It then began "scanning and repairing drive xxxxxxxx"(I didn't take or record the address of whatever it was repairing, sorry). It fixed overnight, and my OS worked. I didn't run any hardware-intensive programs, so I wasn't sure if it was completely fixed, but I left it alone.
Fast forward to today. Once I turned on my computer, I was greeted with a "Repairing C:// Drive" message. Once that fixed, I logged on. I got a major error message from the Microsoft .NET Framework about 7 times, along with a major error message inside that Framework message which I will hopefully link if I can figure out how. If I can't link them for any reason, I will DM/post in the thread the complete error messages. My Alienware AlienFX system (the backlight system) isn't working, and keeps crashing, along by showing another error message, which I will also link. I tried to give whatever information I could, and I will try to update as more things will hopefully not screw up. Thank you for reading this lengthy message(I tried to give whatever information I could), and I hope you can help me.
EDIT: As I was writing this, got the BSOD again, with the error message: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I’m also trying to run a Steam game, and it is INCREDIBLY slow to load.
NO TEAMVIEWER.
Skype upon request.

Links:
Microsoft .Net Framework Error
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bz_i1FBqHmHIo0eI4aZEs1U-h6nwFreq3X_RqYnIbfc/edit?usp=sharing

Alienware AlienFX Editor Crash Error https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IsgH3HClxDhz_d1mnkKpQYrL5wQNNM0mAGLYlGfD7fI/edit?usp=sharing

UPDATE!
Before I forget in case anyone else is having this same problem: My hard drive was completely messed up, and after changing it, everything starting running perfectly.....except the Alienware FX.
Dell isn't making drivers for Windows 10 anymore, so sadly, this machine will no longer be able to support the crazy color changes I could do on it.... :( But whatever; maybe one day I'll run a Windows 8 on a separate SSD in case I ever want to change the colors. Thanks!

Solution
1. Sounds like the button is not working, but you can try a system restore to a point where it did work to see if a software update broke the Alienware program. Or try uninstalling and re-installing the program.

2. Windows 10 support on the system "Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." So the speakers not working could be normal.

3. Could be a bad drive, try different RAM see if issue is there instead of the drive. I'd replace the hard drive and re-install Windows clean on it. There may be a disk check utility in the BIOS you can run to see if the drive...
1. Sounds like the button is not working, but you can try a system restore to a point where it did work to see if a software update broke the Alienware program. Or try uninstalling and re-installing the program.

2. Windows 10 support on the system "Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." So the speakers not working could be normal.

3. Could be a bad drive, try different RAM see if issue is there instead of the drive. I'd replace the hard drive and re-install Windows clean on it. There may be a disk check utility in the BIOS you can run to see if the drive is bad, but from what is happening, sounds like it.

Solution

UK Karthik

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
same problem i'm facing for the past 8 months with my alienware m17x r4 when mistakenly upgraded to windows 10 , my bad time started. it completely ruined my beast.

it will work only when you disable your amd graphic card in safe mode or else boot failure problem , whatever you do clean install or anything you do it wont work.

i even changed my hard disk , no use windows 10 ruins many alienware laptops.

for any further troubleshooting queries contact me : [don't post your email address on a public forum]

specs
Intel 3720m
8GB Ram
750GB HDD + 1TB SSHD
7970m