Alienware or Qosmio

zekyos

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I'm planning to buy a new gaming laptop with at least an i7-4700MQ processor and 16GB RAM. I'm gonna use it mainly for finite element software, so maybe 2GB for video it's ok for me.
So, I'm considering to buy an Alienware m17x R5, and i readed a lot of reviews and opinions about Alienware, the opinions are divided about if they are the definitive gaming laptop, or just a expensive pc.
Also, I looked for the gaming series of Toshiba, Qosmio X series. The main difference it´s the price, about 500USD or more, and they aren't ugly either. Comparing both laptops, the two of them wit the i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 750GB HDD, and NVIDIA GeFOrce GX770M 3GB and full-HD screen, the Alienware price it's 1,949 USD, while th price for the Qosmio it's 1,300 USD.
So, it's obvious that Qosmio wins for the cheaper price, but I'm concerned for the durability of the hardware. The Alienware seem to be very robust because they are made of aluminum (or at least that's what the web page says), and the Qosmio is made of plastic. Also the guarantee and the client service are topics that I think I should consider to.
All the opinions are welcome, and thanks for taking your time to help me