Question Alienware RAM issues

May 5, 2019
So I own an Alienware 17r3 laptop that I purchased in summer 2016. I have had no problems(which is amazing from what I have read online) until about a week ago when my laptop blue screened. After taking it to get it looked at(I am a computer newb) I was told that one of my RAM cards wasn't working. I was told that Dell likes to use B-grade parts like these in their expensive laptops which has me infuriated because I have lost pretty much everything including my 250+ modded Skyrim game. Anyway, I was told that my laptop has two 16gb RAM cards and since there was still one working card left that I should be fine. However, I don't want to be just "fine", I want to make sure that this never happens again. So, aside from having an external backup from now on, I need two new RAM cards. The specs I was given are 16gb DDR4-2133 SODIMM. Can anyone shed some light on what brand/model would be the best performance/value? I have heard the brand Crucial thrown around the most but I have also heard that I should get DDR4-2400 instead of 2133? HELP!!!

How did you lose your games when the RAM was the issue? Once the bad RAM was removed the system should have started normally.

If you want to get guaranteed compatible RAM for the system, Crucial is a good place, just do a search for your model on their site.

TRENDING THREADS