Solved! Alternative options to a Lenovo T410/T510

aireq

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
I'm in the market for a new laptop. I've always had Lenovo/Thinkpads for personal use and work. After sorting through their website. I've come up with the following.

Lenovo T410
i5-520M
2 X 2GB
500GB HD
14" Screen HD+ (1440x900)
Win 7 x64
$1079

I'd like to know of some other models by other brands that are compatible to this model. Specifically I'm looking for compatible laptops with the same or preferably greater resolution as the T410. I keep finding 15" laptops that look great but have a resolution of 1366×768.

Also one of the big reasons I'm sticking with think-pad is the TrackPoint mouse. I know some Toshibas and Dells have also had the little trackpoint nubs. Yet are there any new models from brands other then Lenovo that have a TrackPoint?

1_What is your budget
$800-$1100

2_What is the size of the notebook
14-15"

3_What screen resolution do you want?
1440×900 or larger

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
De

5_How much battery life do you need?
Battery life is not really a factor as I'm usualy places where I can
plug in an AC adapter

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Gaming is not a priority.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editing (Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop), Web browsing, watch movies, Digital DJing

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
320GB - 500 GB

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I buy most of my computer parts from Newegg, but I'm open to other sites.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
~4 years

11_What kind of Optical drive
DVD Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
My previous personal and work laptops have always been Lenovo/Thinkpad. But like I said before I'm

13_What country do you live in?
USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
None