Alternative to acer ferrari fo200

dafish_hk

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hello,
I am considering buying a laptop that can meet my needs. my current laptop is dying a slow and painful death from overheating regularly and crashing randomly.

the acer ferrari fo200 seems like a good candidate, offering portability and performance at the same time.

However the design and the price is a little off putting. I use it to do some light gaming (natural selection 2 & starcraft 2) and photoshoping.

are there any similar netbook/notebooks out there that isn't as pricey or less flashy?

dafish_hk

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
1_What is your budget?

roughly HKD$5000 (USD $600-700)

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

smaller the better. preferably below 14"

3_What screen resolution do you want?

preferably 1200x700 but i'm flexible with that

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I need it somewhere inbetween.

5_How much battery life do you need?

+4 hours. But not a crucial factor. I almost always have access to a plug

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

yes. setting can be low.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

I am an art teacher but also a bit of a gamer. I would like something that can run photoshop decently (won't do much complex stuff) and perferably be able to run a few games in low res.

Mostly word processing. maybe a bit of video and music encoding depending on what i might film in the school. not a whole lot of it though.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

I'll probably get a external HD so this is not an issue. 250GB should be fine.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

none really. perhaps www.fortress.com.hk but not necessarily.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3-5 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Not Crucial. Even a netbook can be fine because I already plan on getting a external DVD rom for my wife's netbook.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

N/A

13_What country do you live in?

Hong Kong

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

N/A