Alternative to RTX wireless phone jack needed

terenceterence

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
I have been using RTX wireless phone jack for my land line phone, but this has proved to be too unreliable. The first unit I bought failed within a couple of weeks and I was able to return it and got a replacement. But this too failed after about 6 months. I also bought a 2nd extension unit, which has also since stopped working. I think the problem is with the extension unit rather than the base unit, but I'm not 100% sure. Sometimes turning the power supply off and then back on again fixes the problem, but after a while the unit just fails completely and even this trick doesn't work any more. Whether the problem is due to poor manufacturing quality or an inherent defect in the technology, I'm not sure. An internet search hasn't thrown up any alternative wireless solutions, or even the same product made by a different manufacturer. Can anyone suggest any alternatives?

Solution
I would probably try another manufacterer. Look for product reviews both professional and verified buyer.

You might also consider a wireless phone set: Such sets usually contain a base station/phone that connects into a working telephone jack. Also needs a power outlet.

The other phones have the same handset but only a power supply base. The remote sets also require an electrical outlet for power but no telephone jack.

Most sets have a base station along with 2 or 4 "remote" station handsets. Generally an additional remote station can be purchased as well if you find that more are needed.

I have had good luck with an AT&T set: one base station with answering machine, 4 remotes. Product models/styles seem to turnover...
I would probably try another manufacterer. Look for product reviews both professional and verified buyer.

You might also consider a wireless phone set: Such sets usually contain a base station/phone that connects into a working telephone jack. Also needs a power outlet.

The other phones have the same handset but only a power supply base. The remote sets also require an electrical outlet for power but no telephone jack.

Most sets have a base station along with 2 or 4 "remote" station handsets. Generally an additional remote station can be purchased as well if you find that more are needed.

I have had good luck with an AT&T set: one base station with answering machine, 4 remotes. Product models/styles seem to turnover quickly but the functions stay the same.

Visit a big box store or two and look at the product offerings. Google the User Manual/Guides to learn more about the necessary requirements and set up. Often there are good sales or the stores will match a competing store's pricing.

Solution