Solved! Alternatives to Wemo ???

Nov 5, 2018
I have several Wemo light switches. Every time there is a firmware update, the devices fail to reconnect to my wifi. I then have to go thru a trial-and-error exercise of restarting / resetting the switches, turning my router off and back on, turning circuit breaker switches off and back on, etc. Sometimes this works, but often not. I have confirmed that I have strong wifi (940 Mbps) where the switches are located.

I want to dump Wemo. I see that Tom's Guide recommends Leviton. Can anyone comment on the reliability of Leviton or other brands? I really want switches robust enough to reconnect themselves after firmware updates, power outages, etc. Thx

Solution
I have been using Lutron Caseta switches with the smart bridge for about 2 years. I love them and haven't had any issues. It took a bit of time to figure out how to set them up, but once I got them running everything has been great. Plus, they make models for those of us who don't have neutral wires.

I've never had issues with power-outages. Everything comes back up with no work on my part.
Oct 22, 2018
I have been using Lutron Caseta switches with the smart bridge for about 2 years. I love them and haven't had any issues. It took a bit of time to figure out how to set them up, but once I got them running everything has been great. Plus, they make models for those of us who don't have neutral wires.

I've never had issues with power-outages. Everything comes back up with no work on my part.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS