Amazon’s Game Lockout Is Bad Sign of Things to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
bad business decision. if it starts affecting too many products amazon might soon find itself losing customers to services which are not so greedy.

if amazon is trying to lure more people to prime then it would help to sweeten the pot instead of trying to force subscriptions. the one method may give them a good impression and continued membership while the other often leaves a sour taste in the mouth which may lead to looking for other places to buy merchandise.

i've always enjoyed using emazon given the prices and quick delivery. it would be a shame if they continued on this trend.

kyzarvs

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
So Amazon gives you the clear choice to buy off their website using a third party supplier or makes you use Prime for their copy? So you can use the same website, to buy the same stuff, just choosing supplier?

Do you get a special on all the tinfoil you buy for your hats?

Phelan_13

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
The "Exclusively for Amazon Prime members" refers to the discounted price you pay for select new games and pre-orders. If you are not an Amazon Prime member, you can still purchase the brand new game from them, it will just be at retail value. Amazon introduced a discount for Prime members on new releases and pre-orders to compete with Best Buy's gamer club, which offers similar discounts on pre-ordered games.

reactive

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I am a Prime member in the UK, and the price is far too high for what you get, but it's not completely useless - getting fast free deliveries even late on a Sunday is very handy. As a side-benefit, Amazon Prime TV (without which my smart TV would be a bit dead) has some very good original content. Amazon is and will remain a big greedy company, but I find it odd that some people happily pay an obscene £40-50/month for mountains of crap Sky TV, while others complain at paying £79 GBP for a year's worth of Prime.

ian_d_r

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
As a prime member if stock is low, I expect Amazon to sell it to me, rather then a none member....
Most 3rd party sellers don't give me the fast "free" prime shipping, but are OK for none prime members. Therefore if the stock is low, get the none members to buy from the 3rd party resellers.

CU Jimmy

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
£79 is amazing value for money for unlimited next day delivery. Everything else with Prime is a bonus.

duer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Glad to hear it. Keep them thar neer do wells at bay. I pay my bucks and expect the excellent treatment I have gotten the past several years. Exceptional customer service the few times I needed it. Just all together a totally satisfied experience. Truly.

Ed1049

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
Imagine those on a fixed income. In order to purchase medication, they have to forgo food, now Amazon wants to jeopardize them even more by insisting they purchase a Prime Membership. When does all this end? Some day everyone is going to have their chance at living on a fixed income and maybe then they'll get the picture. Whatever is done today will only get worse over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.