Amazon Offers Free Coins to Kindle Fire Owners Nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i wonder if prime customers will get any better discounts. I already do most of my shopping on amazon, better deals will only increase my time on the site.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Didn't Microsoft pull this crap with proprietary currencies with the Zune store? What's wrong with using standard currency in the store at least? Google and Apple get it.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Didn't Microsoft pull this crap with proprietary currencies with the Zune store? What's wrong with using standard currency in the store at least? Google and Apple get it.
MS did. But the issue with them is their currency is it is misleading--it's hard to tell what points equals so-so money. i.e. 80 MS points = $1.00 (may have changed?). At least With Amazon, 100 points is $1.00, and the more you buy at once, you'll actually get a discount. You get a discount currently on the lowest amount.
But I agree. I don't see the point in propriety currency, especially when your credit info is still stored in order to buy it.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
"Amazon adds annoying extra step to app purchasing process."
"We considered using Bitcoins, but feared the feature would actually be useful." Said an Amazon Rep. So we made up these stupid Amazon Coins instead.
Oh well, at least this seems to be optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.