Amazon's "Gay" Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It doesn't sound like a glitch. And Amazon should not have reverted it. To take an example from the article, if I run a search on cowboys, I don't want to see stories of cowboys butt-plugging each other in my result set.

bone squat

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Good keep the gay crap out of there. People don't need to be subjected to sick homos. It's disgusting and the bible strictly teaches against homosexuality. Gj Amazon. Keep the gay filters on!

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
what do i think? that's gay.

what do i think? someone at amazon needs to be fired...

for all the homophobes, today the fags, tomorrow the blacks, and then the jews... but don't worry we'll get to your kind eventually ;-)

from Pink Floyd "The Wall",

"We're gonna find out where you fans really stand.
Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?
Get 'em up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me.
Get him up against the wall. -- 'Gainst the wall!
And that one looks Jewish, and that one's a wise scholar.
Who let all this riffraff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint, and another with spots!
If I had my way I'd have all of ya shot."

and

"Waiting, to cut out the deadwood.
Waiting, to clean up the city.
Waiting, to follow the worms.
Waiting, to put on a black shirt.
Waiting, to weed out the weaklings.
Waiting, to smash in their windows and kick in their doors.
Waiting, for the final solution to strengthen the strain.
Waiting, to turn on the showers and fire the ovens.
Waiting, for the queers and the coons and the Reds and the Jews.
Would you like to see Britannia,
Rule again, my friend?
All you have to do is follow the worms.
Would you like to send our colored cousins,
Home again, my friend?
All you need to do is follow the worms."

ahmshaegar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
It's their store, sure, but they want to make money. They'll do what they think it takes to make more money, so if customers raise a big enough stink about it (e.g. "BOYCOTT AMAZON!") then they will revert it.

ahmshaegar

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
@ProDigit80

Yes. It's not necessarily about your numbers; it's about how loud you can get and your ability to deliver one strong message. Corporations have an advantage here because the top speaks for the whole company. It's just one small group, so it's easier for them to speak with one strong voice. Older people generally have more political power than the younger folk because they vote more and lobby better. So, if you want to be heard and you want to get it your way, you better get real skilled at raising a stink.

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
@bone squat

Keep your bigoted opinion to yourself and don't involve religion in your comments.

@ProDigit80

GLBT's make up between 3-20% of the population according to a multitude of studies. There is such a large margin due to there being so many "closeted" individuals that cannot be officially accounted for. And btw stereotyping and generalization are not good habits to have.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]edeawillrule[/nom]@bone squatKeep your bigoted opinion to yourself and don't involve religion in your comments.[/citation]

Make. Him.

Who made you the judge of the world?

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
OK IF I GET BLASTED ON THIS YOU CAN KISS MY ASS.. FOR THE ONES WHO SAID HOMOS ARE SICK AND WHAT NOT YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE FOR BEING SUCH A CLOSED MINDED JERK... You sound like you might be baptist...yeah this is aimed at you bone twat.. I would go as far to say you don't like black people either... Well you suck and when we get your generation killed off the world will be a better place.....

G

The bible, LOL. Bone Squat, did you know that Jesus was one of those "brown people"? How do you feel about that? "White folk" didn't live in that area until the late 1800s. Please note that 99%(yes, that's the real official figure) of scientists are atheists, you know, the people more qualified to debate the origins of the universe than your standard rural redneck church-goer.

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]Make. Him.Who made you the judge of the world?[/citation]

I don't judge the world. People can live their lives and do what they want as long as it harms noone. What gives him the right to judge someone's way of life?

And besides I didn't say he couldn't speak his opinion I just said keep it to himself if he doesn't have anything to say that isn't vulgar and rude. Especially if it condemns others.

And go christop!

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Not enough real information to make any serious comments one way or another.

This:
"Amazon has said 57,310 titles have been affected so who really knows?"

sounds abour right.

I would think it would be simple enough to add a filter selection to the search options at amazon to clear up an "problems" that triggered their "adjustment" in the first place. /shrug

As for the stereotyping talk...ughh...not even going to go there.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]ScrewReligion[/nom]The bible, LOL. Bone Squat, did you know that Jesus was one of those "brown people"? How do you feel about that? "White folk" didn't live in that area until the late 1800s. Please note that 99%(yes, that's the real official figure) of scientists are atheists, you know, the people more qualified to debate the origins of the universe than your standard rural redneck church-goer.[/citation]

You are actually full of crap..

So good job.

Your ignorance is amazing.. I suppose you think most scientists believe in global warming too..? You might need to go read some actual polls, instead of making it up.

G

the_one is a fine example of deciding what you want to believe, and then figuring out a way to distort the facts to support that, not unlike a Tuan Nguyen article about Macs(albeit, he's gotten a little better). That article lists "political scientists" as believing in god. No, science = Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, etc... There is nothing scientific about politics, clearly that study was bought and paid for by rightwing nutjobs.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
All I have to say is, please discuss Amazon and they're policy, don't make this another internet flame rage thread about Gays and whether they are all going to hell or whatever...

MY opinion is that its Amazon's store and they can do with it as they see fit...It doesn't really matter to me if they include them or not because if it is a gay book (no offense intended, just a description of the subject) then I can choose to or (much more likely) not to read the book.

I'm not even going to comment on what my personal beliefs are regarding gays and lesbians or the bible (except to mention that I don't believe the figure that 99% of scientists are athiests...that number is waaay too high for worldwide... maybe in a certain college or region, but not even in the US is it THAT high) because this is not the place to debate that.

There are thousands upon thousands of other places to ruin or better yet, just join in on the ones that have already been ruined by mindless bickering that changes no ones mind.

Thank you and good night.

P.S. If anyone is offended by this, well, it offends me that your offended by it so what are you gonna do about it?

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
I agree orderchaos.

My point was only that they are bashing him for stating his beliefs.

Now they bash me because I defend him. Obviously I could find polls that say both extremes my point is you need to SHUT UP about it on the internet and stop being so racist against his beliefs.

[/rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.