Amazon's "Gay" Glitch

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]bone squat[/nom]Good keep the gay crap out of there. People don't need to be subjected to sick homos. It's disgusting and the bible strictly teaches against homosexuality. Gj Amazon. Keep the gay filters on![/citation]

Nothing better than opening a fresh can of bigotry in the morning!

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]waffle911[/nom]How does that prove that it had to be created by a god?[/citation]

I love how Christians will make fill-in-the-blank questions about so many scientific subjects then insist the answer is God.

G

Good never wanted Amazon to exist.
And there is no souch thing as gay/lesbian.
Doomsday will prove my point !

G

@everyone else. God or not, Homosexuality is against nature. If it wasn't then homosexuals could procreate. If it weren't for heterosexual activity homosexuals and their ideas would die off.

G

Faggots are disgusting and that's from a non religious point of view by me.

They seems to want more rights than normal peeps and want to force their sick crap onto others.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Being a straight guy I don't "get" the appeal a gay guy sees in another guy. To be honest it weirds me out. That being said I'm embarrassed by some of the comments here.
Why do you even care what other people do in their own house if it's consenting adults? Seriously. Let them live their life as they see fit. If you think it's a sin, thats your opinion or belief, but so is cursing, lying, stealing........

There's a lot of glass houses around here, so be careful before you start throwing stones.

BTW a "fisting" error in regards to gay literature.......... classic. Okay I'm immature.

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
[citation][nom]homosexualityiswrong[/nom]@everyone else. God or not, Homosexuality is against nature. If it wasn't then homosexuals could procreate. If it weren't for heterosexual activity homosexuals and their ideas would die off.[/citation]

Go do a little research on "sexually antagonistic selection"

Male Homosexuality has patterned positive effects on the procreation of related females of said homosexual male.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
orderchaos :
He believed in God (largely because it was discovered there was a beginning to the universe which means it had to be created by God)

How does that prove that it had to be created by a god?

1: Anything That begins to Exist has a Cause
2: The Universe has a beginning.
3: Therefore, The Universe has a Cause.

This argument is a very, very old (sometime in the 14th or 15th century) Islamic argument for why there is a God.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
I find this flame very funny... why do people care about other peoples beliefs they do not hurt you. I am an Agnostic I feel that there are too many religions out there and that if God truely loves me he will not care about my faulters, nor would he care if I partake in rituals of the "right religion". I have had a hard time with being Agnostic because my girlfriend is a christian and thought it was horrible that I didn't believe in her God, and was very close minded but I told her why I was and how the bible was a great form of moral standards that I could not believe half of stuff that it was acctualy saying

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
News Flash! This is a news thread! Not your anti/otherwise gay bash/protest fest! Shut the hell up!

So on a lighter note, I feel that Amazon should have the freedom to do what they want with their site. But considering the international influence that they hold, they need to be careful. A business is designed to appeal to all with the products they sell. Thats how business works/grows. But in a time where business ethics are a hot topic, they need to be careful how they go about things.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
People who don't beleive in God are just like those of us who do beleive in God when it comes to understanding people who are different. Non-believers think those who believe in something they have never seen are crazy and weird. Just like heterosexuals that believe gay people are twisted and sick, because it such a strange concept to them. Everyone wants everyone else to compromise and accept everyone else. The thing is that isn't reality. My faith doesn't allow for me to accept things that I beleive are wrong. Likewise, gays, and those sympathetic to gays aren't willing to compromise because of their core beliefs; one might even call it their faith, though not based on a belief in God. That is human nature. Nothing has changed in the last 3000 years. I could give serveral examples where the Bible stated scientific facts over a thousand years before scientist proved them, but it wouldn't do any good because those who don't beleive have their minds already set. It's ironic that they put so much faith in modern scientist's theory of the origin of the universe and are open to life on other worlds, when they have no evidence other than we are here. Sounds almost like a religion to me.

claec

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
On the topic of Amazon: Its a semi-free country, they can do what they want.
On the topic of homosexuality: As a Christian, I hate the sin, but God also tells us to love our enemies. Therefore, hate the sin, love the sinner.
On the topic of God: Read "Does God believe in Atheists?" By John Blanchard.
On origins: As a Christian, I take the Bible literally. But I mainly concluded the existence of a creator from external evidences. Check out "Darwin's Black Box" by Michael Behe (not a Christian)

tin_1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
Some people say gays make a big deal out of every little thing that goes against them. I don't know what makes something worthy of being called 'a big deal' vs. being called 'a little thing', but I think if Amazon only singled out gay related books that is a problem.

What if the only books that were catalogued differently were about black people, hispanic people, or christians?

tin_1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
Some people say gays make a big deal out of every little thing that goes against them. I don't know what makes something worthy of being called 'a big deal' vs. being called 'a little thing', but I think if Amazon only singled out gay related books that is a problem.

What if the only books that were catalogued differently were about black people, hispanic people, or christians?

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
3-20% is a VERY broad range. YA wana narrow that down a bit. Its like stating 100% people who smoke die. ITS TRUE THEY DO.. But 100% of non smokers die to.

Status
Not open for further replies.