FrancisSalvamante

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
I have reinstalled Windows 8.1 in my laptop since I reformatted my laptop to Ubuntu for development purposes. Then, after reinstalling the OS, I reinstalled all the drivers that are needed, especially the graphics drivers. Now, I am able to play CS GO and the Witcher 2. The problem is that whenever I would play Witcher, the system would prompt me and say that "Display driver stopped and has recovered." I don't know what is the problem with the installed driver. Would someone please help me out? Here is the picture of the device manager window just in case there is a need to view it. My graphics card in my laptop is AMD 8750M. Thank you very much.
IUPBgqz.png

Hi,

Please do try to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver there is from AMD support site.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall AMD graphics card driver
- Open Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to AMD graphics
- Download and install driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link where you can download it: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop for all the changes to take effect after it finished installing.
- After the reboot make sure that AMD is set to run all games.

FrancisSalvamante

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015

I have reformatted again my laptop because of some errors. How am I going to choose what's the driver for my laptop? My laptop is Samsung NP370R4E-S05PH and has AMD 8750M as graphics card