AmEx and Riot Team Up for League of Legends Debit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Billium

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
The most comical portion of this entire article is that they're teaming up with American Express. Have fun not using that card anywhere except for a major city. Online retailers don't even accept American Express.

Never have been a big fan of any game where real money comes into play with game design. It's plain dumb from my gamer POV, although brilliant from a business perspective.

rfatcheric

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
John Billium knows nothing about the game or its pricing models, yet states how dumb it is...

Its one of the only F2P games (FREE TO PLAY) where you CANT buy power. Its probably the most successful F2P game ever.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
It used to be a fun game. Lately, it is mostly afk'er, trolls and the usual other internet scum killing competitive gameplay. The problem is now there are too many casual players involved being distracted leaving their teammates to suffer one sided victories.

John Billium

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
@rfatcheric

Buttercup you might want to check what I posted. The GAME DESIGN diminishes when you introduce these sort of "cash shops". You may enjoy throwing your money at the screen and good for you, but for me it's not my cup of tea.

Btw, you can buy RP to boost your IP or XP. It's not direct, but it certainly influences the game and others playing. Your buying convenience, what someone accomplishes in a week of play, someone else can do it quicker with a little boost.

It's the internet, grow some thicker skin before someone hurts your feelings about a video game.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
@ John Billium

I am guessing you have not played it. This game is less about the"grind" and all about end game which does not take very long to accomplish. A Free 2 Play game does not do this well unless it fully embraces the Free 2 Play definition while shoving off the Pay 2 Win monstrosity commonly associated with these games. The reason it has the player base that does is because this is very evident from the beginning. It is a F2P game with a Pay to Decorate (purely aesthetic mechanism) built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.