Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren08

Estimable
Oct 19, 2015
Hi all.
I think I used to have the black screen of death but I'm not sure if that was it. (I turn on my laptop, logo appears then I get stuck with black screen with backlight)
So what I can remember that happened before this was an update from nvdia geforce. There was an error window that I accidentally ignored after the installation. So I then shutdown my laptop then when I turned it on, this happened.
To my panic, I was able to get my files from my hard drive by using it as an external drive and plug it to another laptop. After getting my important files, I formatted the system partition so I could start fresh and install a windows 8.1.
But then I'm stuck with this screen that says "an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

I placed my hard drive back, have a windows 8.1installer in my cd rom. Even tried to use a usb flash drive as bootable but everything leads to showing this screen.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, guys. I really need help.

My laptop specs are as follows :
Fujitsu Lifebook AH531/GFO
Processor type: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz

BTW, I upgraded to windows10 about a month or two ago. Everything went slow after the upgrade if that helps you diagnose the problem.

Thanks all!

Hi,

First do change the boot priority of your laptop depending on how you'll install the OS in your PC. (USB or DVD disc) After changing the boot priority do try to install Windows 8 again and see if it does load up normally.

If it doesn't load or install the OS in your laptop you may need to order from Fujitsu a new set of a Recovery Media.

Status
Not open for further replies.