Android 2.3 Gingerbread Hitting Nexus Ones NOW

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]If my last Samsung smartphone is any indication, Samsung can really @$&*(^%$ the OS and interface. Probably best to stay away from them.[/citation]

Most phone makers will put their hands in the OC somewhere. Even my LG Ally has a LG based theme but starts with the plain Android theme.

The worst of them is the carrier. When a carrier gets their hands on it its pretty much over. They add bloatware thats useless for the majority of people and cannot be removed even though they are in the market anyways.

[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]and I'm still waiting for 2.2 on my Samsung Captivate.[/citation]

I am still waiting on my LG Ally as well. LG has said yes and some reps say no. It seems the ones who say no to 2.2 from LG don't know much because they blame the processor, yet there are two other LG Android phones with the same or worse processor already running 2.2.

I guess we can only wait.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]beznet[/nom]They still haven't even released Froyo for the Captivate yet.... =/[/citation]
They have. ATT just isn't releasing it.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Wow, that's a shame. One moment it was the flagship of the entire Android line in terms of software, and the next thing you know it's denied an upgrade path.

Status
Not open for further replies.