Android 2.4, aka Gingerbread 2, Coming in April

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kj3639

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
I was another pissed Epic 4G user as well until... I rooted my phone, I rooted the hell out of it! I was so damn tired of Samsung's excuses and I just said hell with the warranty. I used the TrulyEpic Rom with Froyo and the ext4 file system. It's lightning fast, extremely stable and suddenly my GPS actually works! If it can take one man to modify a beta 2.2 release (DK28) to this level of stability, Samsung is purposely and deliberately dragging ass. Android phones were meant to be rooted and used to their full potential.

bto

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So 2.3 wasn't really useful at all as it lived a short life.[/citation]
Died before any will get it with US Cellular..

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
my wife's samsung intercept still has 2.1 with no clue when she can get a 2.2 vertion ... and people wonder why i stick with WebOS , all these updates and because so many different hardware makers to optimize and troubleshoot you end up either jailbreakign and doing your own tech support... or waiting forever for the oem to mayeb eventually get around to gracing your hardware with an upgrade... i think some manifacturers don't update so you have to get a new phoen to upgrade which kind of defeats the purpose of what android was about

i think google should make a requirment of android be that oem's provided and upgrade to an os in a certain period to be able to have acess to the latest build... cause what they have bnow isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.