Android 4.1 "Jelly Bean" Spotted on Google Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
[citation][nom]thickrick[/nom]... so it'll be pushed to devices sometime in 2014?[/citation]
Or people will make 4.1 applications due to market share in 2014

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
This is the problem with adding an R&D cycle on top of an R&D cycle...
The only way to get and stay current with an android phone is to buy a nexus. Frankly its very disappointing carriers / manufacturers dont provide the ability to use the google stock experience (AOSP for those in the know) on their devices, and flash a stock ROM with driver support -- If what the OEM adds is of a quality that warrants it, users would choose to keep it instead of the google AOSP ROM..I've had ICS running on my Inspire 4g for so long now I forgot almost no one has ICS yet..If google wants to keep its market share, it needs to take a harder approach to this problem

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I've been disappointed with Google, Verizon and Motorola. I don't know who to point the finger at, but we should've seen the ICS update on the DROID RAZR MAXX already. I'm wondering if my phone will get Jelly Bean, as well.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I dont have ics yet on my phone, and am looking forward to it. But I am still happy with my phone and have no real reason for needing the newer version. Before Eclair android sucked and has improved a hell of a lot since. There comes a point that the big version changes are no longer needed. ICS has raised a few problems with graphics drivers and that is part of the reason for the slow uptake. I hope the major updates are close to the end and we can stick with 4.? for the next few years so that it can be updated in a more timely manner.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
"As for the briefly listed Samsung Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ smartphone, Droid-Life was able to get a price before Google removed the product. The phone will be offered contract-free for $399 USD plus $10.50 for shipping, thus costing consumers $409.50 right out of their pocket."
Huh? The Nexus has been available for months now, direct from Google for that price. I just bought one that way last week. (This article about 4.1's release date only makes me even more glad that I bought a Nexus device...)

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]whimseh[/nom]I wonder which bakery they hire to name these things.[/citation]

They don't need to hire a bakery for that, pal! All they need to do is to ask the fat guy sitting at the entrance door, what is he eating right now. You know the door guard they have in all big companies in the movies who just sits there eats and does nothing but to get shot or beaten.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]Key Lime Pie or Klondike Bar I suppose...[/citation]
Key Lime Pie definitely... It has to be generic
Then Lemon bars/meringue/pie something
... Marzipan, Macaroons,

Status
Not open for further replies.