Android 5.0 May Arrive This Fall, Hints Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

errorcode99

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
[citation][nom]turbotong[/nom]So what's going to happen when we hit 'Z' ?First of all, who can think of a Z-dessert?Second, what comes next?[/citation]
Zucchini Bread.

tristan_b

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Stupid question, but where is andriod 3.0? If most phones are still waiting on 2.3.4, and ICS is 4.0, what about 3.0?

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]tristan_b[/nom]Stupid question, but where is andriod 3.0? If most phones are still waiting on 2.3.4, and ICS is 4.0, what about 3.0?[/citation]
have you been in coma and just woke up now?

tristan_b

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]have you been in coma and just woke up now?[/citation]
Haven't been following android devo until I got my first android phone 3 days ago, sorry. That is why I said stupid question.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]tristan_b[/nom]Stupid question, but where is andriod 3.0? If most phones are still waiting on 2.3.4, and ICS is 4.0, what about 3.0?[/citation]

Android 3 is HoneyComb. That's just for tablets. It has a few ports kickin around the internet for phones, but it's not very practical on phones. It's doesn't scale down well as far as gui graphics.
ICS is meant to sort of merge Gingerbread and Hone Comb; bring some kinda consensus between the 2 platforms and make Android a little more "standard" for devs.

ICS is awesome! I have ICS 4.0.4 on my Nexus S and I love it!

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]have you been in coma and just woke up now?[/citation]

lol Go easy on him. Maybe he's been in an iComa ;)

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Is it me or does the Vice President of Engineering Mobile have the weirdest name ever? Hiroshi Lockheimer? I've seen many American/European first names with Japanese last names, but I have never seen a guy with a Japanese first name and a European last name.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]tristan_b[/nom]Haven't been following android devo until I got my first android phone 3 days ago, sorry. That is why I said stupid question.[/citation]

Fair enough tristan_b. If you wait 6 months to a year after this software 'release' - it may be available on your new Android. If you're one of the lucky ones.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
i think that we should not have to wait for our service providers to issued the OTA update...we should be able to download the new and upgraded OS directly from google, or the company who built the phone....this way we would do away with the bloatware

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]already talking about 5.0 and google still won't give me 4.0 for my nexus S[/citation]
the nexus is old....get something new already...you and others like you are holding up progress

G

I cancel to buy Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 because I am waiting Tab 2 that use Android 4.0, now I am hearing Android 5, should I wait again and again for Tab 3?

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
We're talking about hi-technology here, bro. If you wait for "the next big thing", then you're going to be waiting for forever as there's ALWAYS "the next big thing" right around the corner.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]turbotong[/nom]So what's going to happen when we hit 'Z' ?First of all, who can think of a Z-dessert?Second, what comes next?[/citation]
26 revisions, may take a while, however foods beginning with Z are:-

•Zabaglione (a type of whipped custard)
•Zander
•Zapples
•Zatar (a member of the mint family)
•zeaga
•Zebra Cake
•zehac
•zeppelis
•zero bars
•zest (of a lemon)
•zesty salad
•zidiak
•zin
•Zingers!
•ziti
•zucchini
•Zumba
•zuppe
•zuti
•zwieback bread
•zwiebrek (a type of bread)
•Zyphome (type of root)

I reckon Zest will be most likely, maybe Zesty Lemon or similar

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Im done with Android probably.

Too many "me too" devices from umpteen hundred manufacturers that get modded or skinned, have forced software, and get crappy support. Often new devices are released at such a fast pace that the manufacturers and carriers dont care to support them beyond 1 software upgrade. That leaves you with a under contract device that has out of date software.

That just leads to problems with app programmers and instability/incompatibility due to such a fragmented OS base.

Its really turning into a fluster cluck.

Windows Phone here I come!

x4dm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]26 revisions, may take a while, however foods beginning with Z are:-•Zabaglione (a type of whipped custard)•Zander•Zapples•Zatar (a member of the mint family)•zeaga•Zebra Cake•zehac•zeppelis•zero bars•zest (of a lemon)•zesty salad•zidiak•zin•Zingers!•ziti•zucchini•Zumba•zuppe•zuti•zwieback bread•zwiebrek (a type of bread)•Zyphome (type of root)I reckon Zest will be most likely, maybe Zesty Lemon or similar[/citation]
My vote is for "zero bars", I would love to see a carrier try and market that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS