Android and iOS Rule With 82 Percent Market Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Hope Windows grab a good share on the market as well. We need more competition because smartphones are still generic in my opinion :/

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]wintermint[/nom]Hope Windows grab a good share on the market as well. We need more competition because smartphones are still generic in my opinion[/citation]

My thoughts exactly.
Windows phone looks very promising, I really hope it catches up for the sake of more competition which will hopefully lead to more compelling products.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
"Hope Windows grab a good share on the market as well. We need more competition because smartphones are still generic in my opinion :/"

Smartphones are as generic as your budget allows - if you get a Pendejokian V3 running KP5 you will have a rather compelling product - and not a piece of crap iphone or trashy android.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]wopr11[/nom]"Hope Windows grab a good share on the market as well. We need more competition because smartphones are still generic in my opinion "Smartphones are as generic as your budget allows - if you get a Pendejokian V3 running KP5 you will have a rather compelling product - and not a piece of crap iphone or trashy android.[/citation]

And that's why we need more competition. For both the cheap and premium smartphones

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]wopr11[/nom]"Hope Windows grab a good share on the market as well. We need more competition because smartphones are still generic in my opinion "Smartphones are as generic as your budget allows - if you get a Pendejokian V3 running KP5 you will have a rather compelling product - and not a piece of crap iphone or trashy android.[/citation]
What on earth is a Pendejo Kian V3?

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Not surprising statistics.

Windows phones are quite nice, but there is not a compelling reason to buy one over the competition yet. Once the app development catches up, and Windows phones at least get a large selection of apps, I think the phones will start to take off more.

Still I could see Windows phone taking market share away from iPhone more than Andriod. The phones biggest selling point is their simplicity (similar to iPhone).

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]Microsoft's mobile UI is very ugly....no wonder people don't want to purchase mobile instruments that run it's OS[/citation]

What? The UI is awesome. That's the best thing about the phone. It's an elegant design that's very user friendly. Based on aesthetics, it's much better looking than the iPhone UI.I guess it boils down to opinion, but it's certainly not "ugly".

deanjo

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Let's combine them and hide the fact that Google's market share is three times Apple's[/citation]

Let's also hide the fact that Apple does that all with 3 devices (4s/4/3g) vs how many Android devices and manufacturers?

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]deanjo[/nom]Let's also hide the fact that Apple does that all with 3 devices (4s/4/3g) vs how many Android devices and manufacturers?[/citation]

Since when has lack of choice been a positive thing? Want a smaller screen, tough, want a bigger screen tough, want an affordable phone, tough, want a physical keyboard, tough, Apple phones are great, if your requirement is for a simple to operate expensive phone that will pair with a Mac, Henry Ford would have been proud, any size you like as long as it is 3.5 inches.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]What? The UI is awesome. That's the best thing about the phone. It's an elegant design that's very user friendly. Based on aesthetics, it's much better looking than the iPhone UI.I guess it boils down to opinion, but it's certainly not "ugly".[/citation]
personally i really don't like the UI of windows mobile....it's very bloated especially the start screen

guanyu210379

Distinguished
I am using Android phone right now (no iThing, no WinThing, no RIMThing, no SymbianThing)...but I do not really like where this is going...
If Android does monopolize the market in the future...I dunno if this is a good idea..
I know...the best will win but.....
More competition is still better...

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]I am using Android phone right now (no iThing, no WinThing, no RIMThing, no SymbianThing)...but I do not really like where this is going...If Android does monopolize the market in the future...I dunno if this is a good idea..I know...the best will win but.....More competition is still better...[/citation]
I share your concerns. I do really want to have lots of good options to take form, but let me be clear: Corporation like Apple that just want to have patents, take lots of many and sue everybody have to disappear, and we as customers have the power to do that. We only need to open our eyes and say NO to bad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.