Android Apps Are Too Expensive, Says Research Firm

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Yeah, just what iCrap wants out in the public domain so that it can herd more an more morons into its handmeyourwallet congregation. My experience has been that all my Android apps are free. I did pay for a maybe 3 out of perhaps twenty apps.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
well i downloaded a remote desktop terminal server manager application on my droid 3.
the price on my droid 3 was 0. completely free, free of bugs and very reliable.

the same apps when i when to download it on my Ipad/ipod touch cost me 16.00 usd.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]aracheb[/nom]well i downloaded a remote desktop terminal server manager application on my droid 3. the price on my droid 3 was 0. completely free, free of bugs and very reliable.the same apps when i when to download it on my Ipad/ipod touch cost me 16.00 usd.[/citation]
yes, but the study is probably comparing the top 100 useful Android apps to the top 100 iOS farting apps. They don't mention something useful like a remote desktop terminal server manager.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Wow, this has to be the most worthless comparison and news article. The top 100 apps are not even identical. 99% of the time, the more expensive the app is, the better it is, except for EA games of course. So by comparing a fart app for 99 cents on apple market to Titanium Backup Pro that is $6.58 on the Android market makes Apple better? I would pay $20 for Titanium Backup Pro because it is that good of an app. When Field runners came out it was $2.99 on Android, and $7.99 for the iPad 2. I was pissed but dropped the $8.

Lastly did the article mention that some Apple apps you have to buy them for the iPhone and then again for the iPad; whereas all Android apps you only have to buy once.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
Research firm should use his brain! You can't just compare iThing top 100 vs AThing top 100.
Wow, this has to be the most worthless comparison and news article. The top 100 apps are not even identical.

yes, but the study is probably comparing the top 100 useful Android apps to the top 100 iOS farting apps.
So true!

If this firm was willing to be objective... they should compare apps in the same field: games, office app, farting apps, ... with same functions because apps with least functions doesn't worth more. Better hardware in term of Android could also mean more functions.

At some point, I think Apple has paid "Researchs firms" and "Medias" to said stupid thing like this. Half baked news! But when a researcher show secury hole in the iStore, he get banned for mess with heaven and gods and some people say "he deserve it".
So brainy!

I can do the same thing just the compare the "hardware speed with the price". iThing will be over price by at least 200$.

elkein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
[citation][nom]solandri[/nom]Sigh. Add this to the list of contradictory positions iOS proponents seem to obliviously stake out. First we had Apple's mobile products not being overpriced, yet Apple making the lion's share of the profit in the mobile industry. Now we have iOS users on average spending more money than Android users, yet Android apps "on average" cost more.Fortunately, the statistical sleight of hand is pretty easy to spot here. They're comparing the average price of the most expensive 0.02% of apps. Not the average price of all the apps. Same for the top 10 and top 20 apps - obviously they're excluding free apps, which are prodigious in Android compared to iOS.[/citation]

Android owners are sure proud of their market share, 53% vs 23% for ios on some metric of sales that keeps getting tossed around. Meanwhile, back in reality, 10b android app downloads, 25b for ios, actual deployed market share. Hmm something seems inverse there and that's not sleight of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS