Android Coming to Cars Near You

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I can see this somehow being blamed for more car crashes, it isn't cars that crash it's people that crash.

When you think you can drive and do something else at the same time, you know you're just waiting for a crash to happen, unless you eat while driving because you don't need to look at your food to know it's there, unlike texting you need to look down just to see what you've written.

And manufacturers better get it through their heads that if they want to implement android into anything IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE GOOGLE MARKET.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I can see this somehow being blamed for more car crashes, it isn't cars that crash it's people that crash.When you think you can drive and do something else at the same time, you know you're just waiting for a crash to happen, unless you eat while driving because you don't need to look at your food to know it's there, unlike texting you need to look down just to see what you've written.And manufacturers better get it through their heads that if they want to implement android into anything IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE GOOGLE MARKET.[/citation]

Even eating while driving is bad. Doing ANYTHING other than driving while behind the wheel is bad.

G

@ jkflipflop98

Yea eating is the worst - you dirty your car....

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
A good thing would be to integrate this system into automobile engines for faulty/mechanical failure and then us it to control the car remotely and get the driver out of harms way, it could also be used to sense if the driver has had a sudden medical emergency or has fallen asleep and have help sent or stuff like that....
The negative side of it is to have a cruise missile homed onto you thinking you're the member of a terrorist group just cos the telecom company managed to mess up the documentation... :)

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
kinda cool... maybe you'll have to get apps once the google self driving cards are out an app for passing, an app for overriding and running yellow lights >_< i kid but this is kinda cool, hopefully it only finds its was into the back seat area though to entertain the kidies nwo they can play angry birds instead of watchign the same dvd over and over again

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I'm in the camp that wants further electronic disturbances kept out of cars. Too many people already crash and cause others to die while texting and calling, we don't need more.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
This will go nowhere. This is the industry I work in - embedded systems for cars. QNX already has a stake in this area and is already being used. Android is NOT mission critical, QNX is. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.