Question Android Decision -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2023
I've been reading review after review and going in circles. Help me pick a new phone please.
I'm looking at the Google 7 Pro, OneTouch 11, or Motorola Edge+ (2023).

The OnePlus seems great, until I read about the OS. I don't know if that can be changed.
The Edge+ seems great, except for the camera. I don't know if that can be improved with Google Camera app.
7Pro is google, and google OS is supposed to be great. The google camera app makes the pics on my crappy Moto G pretty good.

I'm upgrading from a Moto G Power (2020) - so anything will be better.

I use my phone for basic things - phone calls (yes I'm old), text, email, navigation, pictures of my dogs, pictures of rock outcrops (I'm a geologist), or fish I catch.

OnePlus 11 with 16GM Ram and 256 GB storage and Moto Edge+ with 512 GB storage are both $650, today with Prime deals.
Google 7 Pro is available, locally, open box with 256 gb storage for $700.

I tend to drop the phone some, and use it outdoors, so either being sturdy, or having a good case available is important.

Help me Tom's Guide Forum, you're my only hope. (Thanks in advance)

Aug 27, 2023
Whelp..... decided to go with the Moto Edge+ since it has a IP68 rating, I killed my first two iphones with water, and there doesn't seem to be a good waterproof case for the OnePlus 11.

We'll see how it takes pics with the google camera apps. 🤞🤞

Aug 27, 2023
Good luck. Stay dry. Have fun!
Google Camera App actually, I think, had worse pictures.

But it doesn't matter. The speaker phone doesn't work well. People on the other send say it sounds like I'm in a tunnel. That's an important function for my day to day. So it's getting returned.

Looking at either the OnePlus, or Pixel....

Status
Not open for further replies.