Android hotspot

manicrage

Honorable
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, I have 2 android phones I want to connect one to the oths hotspot the network shows up but it requires a password. How do I find the password to my android networks hotspot?

shongbob

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

lol well you don't know if both phones have data plans or not
so its too early to assume he has no point of doing so...
in order to hotspot you have to have a phone that enables to do so, I haven't heard of hotspots coming with a default password on it but if you do not know of it, I suggest you call your provider and they'll give you the password.

@shongbob

true, but there really isnt a point to having a disabled phone unless of course you are just using it to test roms.

all android phones can use hotspot. phone companies just want to lock it down. miui rom or using pdanet allieviates this barrier.

all the hotspots i've used have defaulted to open (no password). if there is one then its probably your provider locking it out or someone else changing it before hand. you should be able to change passwords and names.

shongbob

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
@ssddx
HE SAID:
{"true, but there really isnt a point to having a disabled phone unless of course you are just using it to test roms.

all android phones can use hotspot. phone companies just want to lock it down. miui rom or using pdanet allieviates this barrier."}

No relevance to this topic.
Doesn't matter what he/she does with it
he/she prob doesn't have data plan for one and the other he/she doesn't and he/she wants to use the one that has a hotspot with the other phone without a data plan.

and if you open a HOTSPOT w/o a protecting pw anyone can use stream off your monthy data.
(reminder that we are talking bout hotspot DATA not WIFI)

edit* also by default it is protected automatically generated so if you dont pay attention and you press the OK" button right after you set it up in the Connection menu.
then you would have to call your provider or do a factory reset.

@shongbob

while true that the reason doesnt much matter it is still pretty silly to carry around two phones unless you are testing something out. i did provide a solution to the problem anyways.

i said that both the stock hotspot on 2.2 (which the phone companies often lock down) and the ones found in roms like miui ver 2.3 often DEFAULT to an open network. i did not say to LEAVE it as an open network. get your facts straight. i've never seen it default to a password unless you physically set it up that way.

the trouble with calling your phone company is that if it is them locking it down they will want you to pay for the service. quite a few want to nowdays. yes... paying for the ability to use hotspot, i know it is rediculous since it comes stock on the phone.

now instead of complaining about my posts i suggest we wait for the op to post the results.