Android More Popular than iOS, and Symbian

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Bad point rantoc. If you want to make money on Sega CD you'll really have to work for your money, simply because what you are really trying to do is develop something so good it wins people to the platform.

Apple developers have an extremely high rate of piracy. It stands to reason that the best apps are going to be the most pirated.

It's important to most theives to justify their actions be vilifying whom they're stealing from. This is generally done by describing them as "raping for $$".

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]Bad point rantoc. If you want to make money on Sega CD you'll really have to work for your money, simply because what you are really trying to do is develop something so good it wins people to the platform.Apple developers have an extremely high rate of piracy. It stands to reason that the best apps are going to be the most pirated.It's important to most theives to justify their actions be vilifying whom they're stealing from. This is generally done by describing them as "raping for $$".[/citation]

1. No one in their sane mind would ever try to create something for a dead format to earn money, neither android/ios is dead so compare dead things to alive if you want to show how skilled you are in the art of debating!

2. And for piracy that you mention - You have to jailbreak the sheep phone in order to allow full control over it and that leaves a quite huge base of potential prey to sell the lazy made "apps" to. They simply don't know how to get the sheep phone to be "theirs". Much like consoles vs pc.

Well back to work!

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
what is more interesting in this article is not so much Android being popular these days, but that microsoft is struggling inspite of all the marketing hype.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
Meh Android vs iOS is like Linux vs Windows 7... (except with a bit more functionality than iOS), the open source is all fine and dandy but it still lacks the polish and finesse of the latter.

The Apps just don't compare.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Android platform -> the new king of mobile platform
Apple iOS -> It's not significant anymore. So they could chuck along.
Symbian users -> I pray for you. And buy youself insurance for your smartphone.
:D

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
iOS has a lot of apps that Android can't even touch.. sad .. but it is what it is..

the "replacements" suck.. or are pretty much non-existant .. so for now atleast.. im gonna stick to iOS.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I had a choice of any phone and chose Android, I don't like to be told what I can and can't do with equipment I buy. So far the phone is great and the Tab is awesome, portable fast and has Flash, roll on Honeycomb.

mcnaugha

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2005
Ha ha. This article needs updated. Turns out it's a crock of sh!t. They counted dump rip-off clones in China. Lol. Cheating ba5tards. All the debate for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.