News Android spyware with over 1.5 million downloads sends your data to China — delete these apps right now

WickedStepMom

Estimable
Jun 29, 2019
I find that there are FILE MANAGER apps still on the Google Play Store so how do I really determine if what I have on my Android is safe or not?

Jul 9, 2023
I don't know how many people don't do this when they uninstall apps, but everyone I know says they've never even heard of doing this, but before uninstalling apps, go into the device Settings, Apps, select the app from the list, then usually at the bottom, Force Stop or Force Close it, then scroll back up to Storage and click it, then click on Clear Data. You don't need to Clear the Cache since Clear Data automatically takes care of that. After that, it's ok to uninstall it.
Again...
Settings
Apps
Force Stop or Force Close
Storage
Clear Data
Uninstall
Following these quick, easy and painless steps are the only way to insure that there aren't any residual traces of the app left that are still infecting other apps and/or settings and still collecting info. I'm sure you can also boot into Recovery Mode and do a much deeper uninstall, but I haven't played around in recovery mode for several years and I've forgotten so much about it.

Jul 10, 2023
I use Xiaomi device actually made by china. I see very permission of miui ROM file manager. Heard alot about Chinese hakars so thinking now about privacy. 🤔