So I have a Samsung SM-T560 running KitKat 4.44
I was trying to DL an app (Mansions of Madness game app if you need to know) and got Error 110 from Play store. This suggests clearing the cache. When I go to clear Google Play Cache I can't. And I noticed it's size-0.00b. I check my other apps-all the same. Some Googling suggests a Factory reset-and, having followed several guides(because they all suggests variations on how to) the tablet will not factory reset. Is this machine screwed and I should just hurl it at the wall? or is there something I can do?
If it won't let you clear data in "Settings" then "Apps" for the specific apps, which is quite odd, I would try doing it again after restarting the device. Just a restart.
If that doesn't work, you may want to try a "Hard Reset", not the other as that would leave data on the device. A "Hard Reset" totally wipes everything from the device and starts over.
NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.
Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.
To "Hard Reset" the tablet...
1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.
2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.
3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.
4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".
5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.
6. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.
7. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.
8. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.
9. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.