Android VS Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Android or Apple?

• Android

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i love how he states "i've never had an android" yet says that it is better and has longer battery life than one. oh and how according to other people the iphone is better.

that would be like me saying that a toyota is a very crappy car but that i've never owned one and that my friends who drive mazda like i do say its bad that reinforces the idea. rediculous logic.

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I've owned other Apple products but never the iPhone. What I have to go by is anecdotal. However, I work in IS support with quite a few people who are quite techy and they all have some strong opinions. The people who like iPhones tend to be a little less techy and more enamored with the looks and feel (of which I have to admit, the iPhone is far superior in appearance and materials than my Galaxy SIII) whereas those that jumped from Apple over to Android just felt that Android is the more capable and customizable platform.

Zasmatic

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
I hope to bring an un biased approach to this. I recommend both depending on the type of person. To sum it up

ADVANTAGES :

APPLE : Security ( it times your out or locks your out )
UI. Its more polished and more user friendly
Its all the same. So someone who knows how to use one can use them all. (kinda)
It limits you, adding to Security and adding to UI.
Easy to fix hardware faults
Buisness. Apps, the list could go on.
(Yes im an andoid fiend)
Android : Customisation
No limits.
Easy rooting / jailbreaking
It almost encourages people to learn more and more about the device
It can do SOOO much more.
Custom ROMS. / custom android
... More apps. ((( VARIATY )))
The list can go on.

DISADVANTAGES
APPLE : Development drops. Ever had a ipod that didnt get the update? Now its trash?
Prices. Cords. Apps, almost anything is pricy. SLAVES...
Hard to fix software faults.
Hard jailbreaking.
PRICES again. Well designed tho.
ANDROID : Almost certain to find at least one bug
Its harder to use
Not as much Security. Can be hacked into in under a day. Wont lock you out.
Different devices.

Every list could go on. It seems like there should be a catalog for these.
So in the end. Anyone who had used windows and knows what the C drive is and has basic understanding of windows. I recommend android.
Others that don't or people who are in a business or need security then apple.

Zasmatic

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
apple =/= security.

every single year apple products are the first to fail at hackathon.

Yet if almost any apple or android device could be hacked into. A joe blogg that gets a hold of a device will just keep trying combinations untill they find the right one. Apple will lock down before they get there. And i find apples have less holes in their security then android with installed apps.

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013

Wow, simple assessment that sums it up quite well. Obviously, this doesn't hold true in every case but for the most part you're dead on. I would extrapolate a little bit farther, though, and say that anyone who has used Windows and knows what the C prompt is likely prefers Android.

Since most of us on this website are geeks anyway and like to get "under the hood" with our technology, so to speak, it's of little surprise to me that most of us are Android fans.

asdmaxx

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Android most assuredly. I have been an android user for a long time and love it dearly. However, Apple did a good job on the iPhone 5s in my, very humble, opinion.

Divyanshu Sah

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Android Vs. Apple

A years ago:-
funny_android-t2.jpg

Today :-
android_vs_apple-t2.jpg

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
LOL, you just upset some Apple fanboi who will undoubtedly need consoling tonight. Maybe Siri can give him some extra comfort.

TRENDING THREADS