Android's First SMS-Based Trojan Rears its Head

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]...... I'll take the option to install the apps I want to over Apple's "we know better than you" approach any day.[/citation]
Apple do know better than most Apple users. You seem to be suggesting that Apple users might know what they're doing.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]This sort of thing is one of the small downsides to the open marketplace. I wish we could get a middle ground between Apple trying to restrict the kind of apps you can have and Google not restricting anything at all. I like the app-store admission process that Apple has but I wish the only function it served was weeding out malware and viruses. That would be perfect in my opinion.[/citation]

Small downside?!? Lets wait a few weeks/months and see what this small downside turns into!

G

There was an era of "safe mobile computing?" Are you delirious? Or just an Apple user who drank the koolaid?

Newsflash: mobile computing has never been safe and open source is exponentially safer than closed source because vulnerabilities actually get outed and fixed.

Snow Leopard still has back doors from osx, its a joke. People don't waste time hacking Apples because you just aren't going to get anything useful from an Apple.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]More like Apple -1, Google -1, they've both had SMS exploit bugs.[/citation]

[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]lol, remember Apple's already had an SMS exploit? and the built in safari browser recently had an exploit discovered too.... all because Apple are soo arrogant that they think they are perfect, and hence don't need to put their own first party apps in the same security sandbox as third party apps.news flash Apple: you SUCK at making software.[/citation]

Yup, apple had their own sms exploit.. But didn't it require like.. 513 sms messages in a row to complete the exploit? As opposed to the 1 sms for droid? Hmmmm..

However.. It shouldn't need to be repeated so often.. but nothing is perfect. Hackers will always find something. Do something more productive than trying to pull out the ol' epeen. It never works, and is never cool.

[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Really? Because the iPhone has more trojans.[/citation]

Sources?

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]woahnelly[/nom]There was an era of "safe mobile computing?" Are you delirious? Or just an Apple user who drank the koolaid?Newsflash: mobile computing has never been safe and open source is exponentially safer than closed source because vulnerabilities actually get outed and fixed.Snow Leopard still has back doors from osx, its a joke. People don't waste time hacking Apples because you just aren't going to get anything useful from an Apple.[/citation]

Again sources. Your opinion, however valuable to you, your family, and loved ones, means nothing to me, or the world.

I'm mostly curious on the exponentially safer part. That, good sir, sounds like bullshit. Just saying.

Also, the part about not getting anything of value from an apple.. If the stereo types the PC community likes to push out are to be believed.. then mac users are dumb, shallow, and have far too much money for their own good...
So why the hell wouldn't you find anything useful on a mac?

Just shut your mouth.

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]woahnelly[/nom]...*drivel removed*... People don't waste time hacking Apples because you just aren't going to get anything useful from an Apple.[/citation]

Ground control *pfffft* Come in ground control... we have another envious and jealous windoze fan-child...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS