Angry Birds Space: 10 Million Downloads Under 72 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Playing angry birds will make you stupid.....you could be reading something useful instead.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mildone[/nom]Playing angry birds will make you stupid.....you could be reading something useful instead.[/citation]
And you could learn to comment on something you're actually interested in. Just a thought. :)

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]mildone[/nom]Playing angry birds will make you stupid.....you could be reading something useful instead.[/citation]
Agree. While playing Angry Birds Space does promote some creative thinking and involve some knowledge from the textbook, having Angry Birds Space as the only entertainment/hobby is not a very good idea.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
the new gravity mechanic is actually pretty fun. and remember, it's a buck before we start bashing it like it's some sort of evil thing.

G

It was free, I played it for about 2min, then I quit because it was just as empty as the other games.

G

Mindless entertainment, yes. Do many need this to wind down from the other stresses of the day, priceless.

G

like anything in life, you gotta have balance! playing a game once every few days for a few minutes is not bad--it can really enhance your life. but if that's all you've got in your life, then you and life are boring. just sayin'.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Definitely sized for tablets - many of the levels I have played I couldn't see what type of bird I was throwing. I imagine on a 7" or 10" tablet it would be great, but on my phone not so much. Do like the gravity mechanic a lot though - gets me thinking about ways to apply it a physics class...

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Playing any type of game like this is like any other thing we do to escape the daily grind. Whether it's fiction books, TV, Movies... etc. it's all a way for us to take a break from the pressures around us at work and home. That said, if playing these types of games becomes addictive then yes, it can have a detrimental effect rather than a positive one.

As with most things in life, every thing in moderation.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Gravity is cool, kinda fun putting them in orbit. I'll play for 10 or 15 minutes a day while I'm cooking dinner. Wife likes to get the three stars, I don't care about 100 percent completion. I'd rather read most of the rest of the time.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Some people need to chill, it's not like Angry Birds is going to hold back the graphics development of your favorite PC title. It's just sending a bird flying towards a couple of pigs. Is it a waste of time? Probably. Should we start making mean comments about those who play it? No. Sometimes you don't need to take an opinion on everything in the galaxy (no pun intended).

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Yes, like your inane comment.

brotoles

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I liked the new gravity mechanics... they add a freshness to the game that the previous sequels didn't. Now it looks like a real sequel, and not just a rehash

G

I bought it twice and downloaded on three macs, one iPhone and one android phone. I did play it through pretty much on one go. Fantastic and fun game!

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
eh, I kept seeing it advertised at the top of the new android market (google play) and I briefly considered downloading it but then I figured I'd do it later. heck, I never finished any of the others ones up to a perfect 3 stars on all levels and those keep coming with updates. actually haven't even reinstalled any of the angry birds since I replaced my phone.

so to answer the question, nope not one of those 10 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.