Anonymous Retaliates for LulzSec Arrests, Hacks Panda

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Man I'm getting a lot of thumbs down Even though nobody cares to tell me why they think I'm wrong...they just thumb down cause they know what I say is the truth and they can't handle it.[/citation]

[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]We have more rights and liberties in America then any other country on this planet...what part is messed up? The fact that we are willing to fight for our rights? Or the fact that you are willing to take it in the rear from your government (and ours)?[/citation]

Actually, you get thumb downed because you are wrong. The USA has more rights and liberties than many countries, but we are not the best. We also put up with far more corporate and government lying to our faces and constantly trying to screw us over than many other countries. Also, our internet is among the worst of all of the developed countries. Many less developed countries have far better and fairer internet than the USA. For example, even Korea has 500Mb and 1Gb internet being common. We don't.

viciouz2000

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
thats true in the US our internet is below 3rd world countries, thats because we were the first to set up our infrastructure, but now the common and should i say the country motto is whats not broke dont bother with it. so the US will keep going on with shitty internet service until the US collapse, that is a fact, not matter of IF but WHEN, history has proven that all great nations and empire will fall. I am surprised Greece has not rebel or collapse yet, those people there are ready for an uprising, but an uprising will do them no good, as we only need to cut off support, so greece will become a no man's land where lawless roams.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Name one thing that has been accomplished by any of the hacktivists or the occupy movement. Just one.... I'll wait.[/citation]

Free playstation games.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]It is time we come up with 'serious' punishment for hacking.If you are facing 5 years minimum in Federal Prison with no option of early release or parole you'll think twice if you want to test your hacking ability against others ![/citation]
Simple solution. Since they want to attack government websites. Start charging "Anonymous" members based in the US with Treason. I'm sure after the first few go down, the rest will get the message loud and clear.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]You know, all this honour and standing up for your rights is probably pushed down the media.You shouldn't take recommendations on how to act from the people you are acting against. When the governement asks you to protest peacefully, they probably don't give a damn and are quite happy for you to vent your frustrations by waving a banner and then going home at the end.[/citation]

There's a thing called, elections. That's what democracies are for.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Free playstation games.[/citation]

I'm not sacrificing internet freedom for a couple free playstation games. I don't even own a playstation...

:-|

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
hackers pretending to be for the community, but not doing anything relevant than picking on the weaker geeks and nerds.
would like to see them clean out all the accounts of the too big to fail companies and just wipe all the data forever and do the same to congress and the other multi-billion dollar thieves.
that would be a step in the proper and right direction in forcing governments to straighten up and fly right.
bunch of dumb script kiddies who can't do anything right.
seriously, panda anti virus? the approprite action would have been to hit the FBI and wipe out every database they have since they are all about identify, classify and file away.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]hackers pretending to be for the community, but not doing anything relevant than picking on the weaker geeks and nerds.would like to see them clean out all the accounts of the too big to fail companies and just wipe all the data forever and do the same to congress and the other multi-billion dollar thieves.that would be a step in the proper and right direction in forcing governments to straighten up and fly right.bunch of dumb script kiddies who can't do anything right.seriously, panda anti virus? the approprite action would have been to hit the FBI and wipe out every database they have since they are all about identify, classify and file away.[/citation]

Hacking Big Business who pleaded for bailouts then paid their top execs huge bonuses... that's something I can stand by. Hacking congress or the FBI is idiotic. Hacking Panda is simply pointless.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
If you can't trust banks for being responsible with it's own finances you certainly can't trust them to keep your own finances safe either. Switch to credit unions at least they are non profit and didn't give out those risky loans.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]If you can't trust banks for being responsible with it's own finances you certainly can't trust them to keep your own finances safe either. Switch to credit unions at least they are non profit and didn't give out those risky loans.[/citation]

I've have already switched and I was with a credit union during that whole mess. The problem is that those banks have a huge influence in our government. Same with big businesses. We have next to zero protection from businesses and banks buying out politicians. This became especially apparent when they ruled that businesses count as people politically.

If Anon really wants to change the world, they need to do so by uniting people against those who wish to censor and control us. The occupy movement was a complete failure because they lacked clear goals. It was reduced to a large mass of people just yelling anything about the world that pissed them off. The reason huge protests like that normally work is because there's a clear goal. Think women's suffrage, the civil rights movement, etc. There were obvious reasons for those protests. Nothing good will come from illegal strikes against corporations who pass losses to consumers and the government entities of whom have legal obligations to convict anyone who tries.

Honestly, if Anon truly believed in what they were doing, they wouldn't give up their friends. These cowards have nothing on the Iron Jawed Angels. The will fail because they lack the resolve to succeed.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]He was also murdered lol, that doesn't sound like fun to me......[/citation]

Of course it's not. People don't change things that they're comfortable with unless it's even more comfortable not to change.

People want change, but are not willing to sacrifice to make that happen. In this case, MLK sacrificed his life. Whether he wanted to do that or not is anybody's guess, but his life was sacrificed, and eventually change moved forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.