Anonymous

happyfeet

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
Hello,
i bought a 2nd hand laptop and cant get window on it.. it says product key invalid the one under laptop.. there is no audio on it either .. what do i do?? when you turn it one it says actvate now with product key.. but dont work

yoji

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

Does the windows version of the product key on the label match the windows version on the laptop? That may explain why it not working.
Obvious first step is to sort it out with the person you bought it from...
But I am going to guess that you are not that switched on... so you cant do that for some reason.

Its probably an OEM licence - so you might try the supplier... but they will want proof of ownership... and I guess you dont have that either.

So you probably out of luck...
Put it down to experience and get a new licence..... or go for a free Linux distribution...

As to the sound... may be you just need the appropriate driver.... or may be its broken and you really did make a REALLY BAD purchasing decision.

Cheers

Rockdpm

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Yea i agree, Yoji has the right idea... Sorry budd but thats all we can really tell you... I mean

Sum it up your options are:
Buy a copy of windows or just get a free bootable copy of Linux

As for the audio thing i didnt read about in the post... You won't be able to sort out drivers until your Genuine with windows. I don't think microsoft is gonna give drivers to a "Non Genuine" copy of windows.... Or they might, idk yet