Another Laptop Choice Question...

LiquidInfinity

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Hey,

So my AcerAspire recently kicked the bucket, and now I'm in the market for a new laptop and could use a bit of helping selecting an appropriate model (shopping for computers is awfully hard without a computer).

I bought my Aspire 5552g-7641 a couple years back, and have been pretty happy with the bang-for-buck on that model at about $600. Something in a similar vein would be good.

So my needs/constraints:
Max ~$680, ideally closer to 500-600.
Use: web, movies, office, occasional gaming (along the lines of Civ. 5, capable of MassEffect3 at mid settings would nice but not 100% necessary)
~15.6"screen, full keyboard
Portable, but no need for ultralight, super battery life, etc. It won't move too much other than trips to a cafe or library.

I have heard good things about Intel's Haswell architecture, if budget allows for it, that would be nice.

A note regarding pricing, I am in Germany so will only be able to take advantage of any good deals that are found if the company ships to Germany at an affordable rate.

Thanks for the help.

Solution
It has the same specs, but less ram. You can choose whichever you want, their both fine, if this has helped, please click Pick as the solution to mark the thread as solved.

LiquidInfinity

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Thanks for the response, that's a decent looking deal, I also found this HP: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pavilion-17-3-laptop-4gb-memory-750gb-hard-drive/2287004.p?id=1219071221794&skuId=2287004&st=categoryid$abcat0502000&cp=1&lp=3

That seems to have higher specs at a lower price, but that leaves me unsure about things like material quality, longevity, etc. I would rather have it at 15.6", lighter, and such, but if it will out perform the ASUS, even with it's lower RAM then I might go for it.

Some input ASAP would be great, I have a small window of time to get shipping underway.

Thanks!

TwistedFury

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
It has the same specs, but less ram. You can choose whichever you want, their both fine, if this has helped, please click Pick as the solution to mark the thread as solved.

Solution