Another Siri Clone Arrives on Android: Cluzee

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ListenUpMicrosoft[/nom]All of this success and excitement about speech recognition. Why couldn't Microsoft get it even close to right? In my own testing, Windows 7 speech implementation won't understand the command to start listening 99% of the time.If that trend carries over to Windows 8 on mobile devices, then its a pretty sad affair for that camp.[/citation]

Had no issues with the implementation in win7 when giving it a shot, but i rather use mouse and keyboard as main input. On a phone with its limited input methods its another story!

Charles2406

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
Technically, Iris is great, despite it's errors. the real issue is having to operate it from within the app, and press an on on screen button to start the speech recognition. In the end, it rarely saves much time or effort.

If this could run passively in the background, and not eat up too much battery, it may well have some potential.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tuffjuff[/nom]...unless you're a one-sided Android fanboy (which, given your post history it would appear that you are) in which case Apple suxx0rz, etc.[/citation]Pretty pathetic that you'd dig through my posts, although I don't think you did, because if you had you would know I'm not an Android fanboy, just a "disliker" of all thing Apple. I only own one Android device, a honeycomb tablet, and I'm not overly impressed by it (I do like it, it's just laggy). If I'm a fanboy of anything, it's WP7. IMO, WP7 is just better than iPhone in every possible way other than lack of apps (getting better).

Let's put it this way: I own 20 shares af AAPL (just trying to make some cash), two iTouches (as streaming music players and XM Skydock devices only), and my wife has an iPhone4S (she hates it). I still think apple products suck. I just have to make sure I get my money back from them before their bubble pops.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]motheninja[/nom]Yes. All these shitty voice assistants are Siri wannabes. Siri itself is a Piece of Shit. Iam not an android fanboy, Iam not an apple fanboy.[/citation]

Actually Siri works quite well...I use it all the time and does what I want. Can you elaborate on why it's a POS?

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i tried iris on my nexus and it was crap. i don't think this will be any better. maybe it just me and how i expect this siri thing to be everything i think it is[/citation]

Iris is a poor implementation of Siri....No doubt it is and will continue to be a piece of crap.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Coming soon: Perry Assistant App. Get stupid, wrong answers every time.[/citation]

Sadly, I believe your comment went over the heads of many.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I think its funny were even looking at these apps, these are basically little hack apps trying to copy a product built by a 100 billion dollar company. The reality is that Apple had the resources to make Siri work, I would expect until someone like Google trys to duplicate it you will not find an Android equivalent that is as functional because these smaller companies are just not going to have the resources to develop it. It always comes down to time/money/man power.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Pretty pathetic that you'd dig through my posts, although I don't think you did, because if you had you would know I'm not an Android fanboy, just a "disliker" of all thing Apple. I only own one Android device, a honeycomb tablet, and I'm not overly impressed by it (I do like it, it's just laggy). If I'm a fanboy of anything, it's WP7. IMO, WP7 is just better than iPhone in every possible way other than lack of apps (getting better).Let's put it this way: I own 20 shares af AAPL (just trying to make some cash), two iTouches (as streaming music players and XM Skydock devices only), and my wife has an iPhone4S (she hates it). I still think apple products suck. I just have to make sure I get my money back from them before their bubble pops.[/citation]

I didn't look through your post history - in the past several days you've trolled multiple Apple posts. I read Apple posts because I enjoy the Apple products that I own, you read them to troll them.

It's popular to hate Apple for the sake of it. I spent 12 years of my computer-building life hating their computers, but now proudly own an iPhone 4 and iPad 2 - for myself and the misses. Go be childish elsewhere IMO.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]So now anything that involves speech recognition is going to be called a "SIRI Clone".[/citation]

Yes. Because apple invented speech. It is rumoured they even invented english.

Status
Not open for further replies.