Answer Our Tech Value Survey to Win a $500 Amazon Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_burtons

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
What a stupid survey! The prices offered were clueless. In almost every case, I would have chosen less than the minimum choice offered. (I was linked here from techbargains.com)

I am not going to spend more for a "smart speaker" than an Amazon fire 7 HD. Why pay more for a speaker than a fully fuctional tablet?

Minimum price it listed for a smartphone $200? Never paid that much for one, plenty of very good Android phones under $200, even $100 if you shop around at all. Also, AT&T Iphone SE's available for $149 many places.

I think it was $900 for a desktop system? Clueless. I build my own, but easy to build or buy a system for half that.

Start the catagories at 0$ to your current min, and also show an N/A. I am not going to buy a camera these days. I have several sitting around because no one in the family uses one since they always have their phone with them. Why pick a price for something I know I would not buy. Seems to just gather useless information.

Maybe only 2 questions that I would answer the same way I did if there were appropriate choices.

crimsonfancy

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
@the_burtons hmm. I build my own desktop pc as well and would still spend $1500 but probably wouldn't buy a gaming console even with exclusives that look great. I'd also spend $800 on a mobile phone. Everybody prioritizes tech gadgets differently. When it comes to tech and food I'm interested in, I research and spend what it takes for the best available imo. I don't however subscribe to cable or satellite tv services so I save there. I also prefer to have a vehicle that's under 5 years old and practical so 40k for a full size, middle of the road pickup truck is where I top out as long as I can get bluetooth and in some cases navigation included. Stereo system is least of a concern in my vehicle because talk radio is all I listen to on the road.

the_burtons

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
@CrimsonFancy, Everyone has their preferences, and prioritizes things differently. My point was to the survey design not being all inclusive, with very easy examples where.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Some of those choices needed far more granularity. And some/most/all of them needed a "None"

Bluetooth speaker? $0
Tablet for a 'child'? That depends...is the child 6 or 16? Different tablets.
Phone? My current $25 phone is just fine. More granularity...

AdviserKulikov

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
Half these things I wouldn't spend any money on, but would accept for free/cheaper than a comparable alternative.

I have no reason for a 4K TV over a full HD TV my vision isn't that good at TV ranges, and I would be getting a monitor or headset for 4K. So the real question is how much value would I add over a standard TV of the same size, and the answer is: it varies. For a 40 inch bedroom TV it would be worthless, for a living room movie display I would consider it maybe $50 extra for when I'm walking past the TV to not notice pixels.

I have no reason at all for tablets, drones, smart speakers, bluetooth speakers, earbuds, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.