Antivirus blocking a threat from a webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2018
So,a few days ago my antivirus(ByteFence probs its bad idk) keeps telling me like twice a day that it blocked a threat from a website. I think it started with m and ended with .net, not sure if it helps with anything.Anyways i didnt visit anything that isnt in my daily routine,besides one thing.im not sure if i can link the website but it s a game and a lot of ppl play it, there are 300 online at a time and i dont think that s the problem,and i didnt dowbload anything recently.

Solution
Bytefence Antimalware is a software which was installed with another software. Please uninstall this software and install a better antivirus solution like avast, kaspersky, antivir or similar, if not already installed. Even the Microsoft Defender which is installed by default will do a better job than this accidentally installed softare of ByteFence.
If more than one antivirus software is installed, these could manage to speed down your system and give you messages of fault alarms more often.

I really think it´s just the bytefence software which you won´t need. Uninstalling it is recommended.

Did you search over the net for bytefence? Nearly all sites are reffering to tips of how to remove it :D
e.g...
Jul 3, 2018
Nvm, it happened again. This time i copied the thing that was blocking.Its map.hwcdn.net idk what it is but i googled it and its a pretty big thing.What should i do? Thanks
Btw, my friend told me something about a ddos.Can this hwcdn thing infect you through a phone? Cause whenever my sister connects to the internet she gets disconnected immediately, that does not happen to me tho.

Greeko85

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mamircea112 : "Antivirus blocking map.hwcdn.net"

I can't say I've heard of it before but doing a detailed virus scan (rootkits) or even one before the system boots if your software allows it along with a malware scan (malwarebytes is great) should put your mind at ease.

Bytefence Antimalware is a software which was installed with another software. Please uninstall this software and install a better antivirus solution like avast, kaspersky, antivir or similar, if not already installed. Even the Microsoft Defender which is installed by default will do a better job than this accidentally installed softare of ByteFence.
If more than one antivirus software is installed, these could manage to speed down your system and give you messages of fault alarms more often.

I really think it´s just the bytefence software which you won´t need. Uninstalling it is recommended.

Did you search over the net for bytefence? Nearly all sites are reffering to tips of how to remove it :D
e.g. https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bytefence/

Solution

idavidpopescu

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

I have got this antivirus from the legit site like 2 years ago, everything was fine until now it jsut keeps saying that it blocked a threat, attempting to connect to a mallicious network.I dont know how to make it stop, i looked at programs and stuff in control panel,i reseted google chrome, i ran a virus scan (it found 2 both deleted yet i still get the pop-up) I could delete byte fence and get malwarebytes but i cant just live with the fact that something is trying to connect to a mallicious network its just unsettling.What should i do? This is mamircea112 on my other account, and btw i have another question, since my sis got home whenever she connects to the wifi it just keeps disconnecting.Thanks in advance

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
GO TO SETTINGS, CLICK ON NETWORK AND INTERNET, GO TO BOTTOM OF PAGE AND CLICK ON FIREWALL, GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE AND CLICK ON ALLOW PROGRAM THROUGH FIREWALL, A BOX WILL POP UP, SCROLL DOWN IN THAT BOX UNTIL YOU SEE THE GAME YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY, CLICK BOTH BOXES NEXT TO IT AND YOU SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO. there SHOULD BE A MENU IN YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM THAT DOES BASICALLY THE SAME THING TOO. LOOK FOR THAT.

idavidpopescu

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Sorry, forgot to mention, i started getting this even when i am not using google chrome or any browser.I started thinking its not because of that game.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
You can go to control panel, click on uninstall a program. Look in menu of programs and see if the game installed any other programs along with it. I t will be the same date as the game install date.The antivirus may be warning you of a program you are not aware of that it installed.

idavidpopescu

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

i tried doing that.Something installed on the 30th of june its called byutefence anti malware by the same producers.The thing is i dont want to delete the antivirus, i am not sure if that thing is the antivirus i have for a while and it just updated or if its one of those thing that come with another software.btw the game is on browser no need to install anything.

Like said, bytefence is crap. If malwarebytes finds the same malicious thing, then you should reinstall your system.

Does her phone work with other wifi connections? Shutdown your system, does i work for her then? If not, check your router for firmware updates.

idavidpopescu

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

after malwarebytes finished scanning i got a bsod ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.