Solved! AntLion ModMic Wireless/ picking up sounds.

Sep 23, 2020
Hi i purchased the AntLion ModMic Wireless last year so i decided to format my computer last week , i reinstalled everything and updated all that i needed. Now my Modmic is picking up all mouse clicks, other sounds and even very faint touches on the keyboard, I've turned off stereo mix and effects etc. no mic boost on settings so cannot change that. had no issue before i formatted and I'm going bonkers with trying to figure out what's causing the issue.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Matt.

Solution
How mysterious! It's possible the default USB drivers changed and the mic is now at a higher gain than it was (regardless of the volume slider). Generally, pickup of ambient sounds is directly related to the overall gain of the mic. Uni-mode should decrease ambient noise slightly, but keep in mind the mic is more sensitive in Uni mode than Omni, so you have to both swap modes and decrease the volume slider to get the effect. (Admittedly, this was a design error).

If you hit up our Discord we can probably go over streamlining the gain to the right level: https://discord.gg/Jn6x7uc

One thing we can talk about as well is simply setting up a noise gate that will prevent that sound from getting through when you are not talking at...

aajoe

Official Representative
Official Representative
Sep 2, 2017
How mysterious! It's possible the default USB drivers changed and the mic is now at a higher gain than it was (regardless of the volume slider). Generally, pickup of ambient sounds is directly related to the overall gain of the mic. Uni-mode should decrease ambient noise slightly, but keep in mind the mic is more sensitive in Uni mode than Omni, so you have to both swap modes and decrease the volume slider to get the effect. (Admittedly, this was a design error).

If you hit up our Discord we can probably go over streamlining the gain to the right level: https://discord.gg/Jn6x7uc

One thing we can talk about as well is simply setting up a noise gate that will prevent that sound from getting through when you are not talking at least (Ideally, your voice will overpower it when you ARE talking, so people won't notice much).

The nuclear option is to try to filter out the frequency bands of the mouse and keyboard, but they are far more complex sounds than you may think, so the impact of this will be minimal and potentially reduce quality severely.

Happy to help you live in our discord, just tag me @AntlionJoe.

Solution