Any Better Models?

SpaceCadetTy

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015
Looking for a new laptop that I can game on at low settings.

Are there any laptops with better CPU or Graphics at this price point? I am not picky on brand or size preferences. Really just wondering if there's anything that would perform better than this at same price point. Cyber Monday Deals?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315065&nm_mc=KNC-MSNSearch&cm_mmc=KNC-MSNSearch-_-pla-_-Notebooks-_-34315131&gclid=CLmW-v2IjMkCFQt7gQodxSUIyg&gclsrc=ds

What is your budget? $600, but preferably closer to $500

What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Any

What screen resolution do you want? Any

How much battery life do you need? Any

Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Low-Medium

What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Unity 3D

How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? >500 GB

What country do you live in? U.S.

Thanks

Solution

That...
For that price, likely not, to get to a faster video card you need to spend maybe another $100 or 200, which likely is worth it since you can't upgrade that range of laptops. What you buy now is what you have till you replace it. See if you can find something with a 960m video card, even if it means going a bit over $600.

SpaceCadetTy

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

When I was looking around, it seemed like even the 950M was well over $600.

The cheapest I have seen with a 960 is from the Cyber Monday thread.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_147ECL_4a1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-3&pf_rd_r=1JK0NFAP9A8GC1BASH81&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2279795182&pf_rd_i=11392907011

Anything cheaper than this with a 960M?

That Dell seems like a good model, good mix of CPU and video card, plus an IPS screen and 256 gig solid state drive. I can't imagine another system being much lower in price with those features. The gaming class laptops with a 960m (non-Acer, Dell and those mainstream brands) start at close to $1,000 for a 960m video card. I think for $760 for the Dell you can be safe of getting a good spec system at a good price.

Remember you are going to be using this thing for 3+ years, spending 20-25% more to get a much better experience with using the system is easily worth it, unless you really can't afford anything else.

Solution

SpaceCadetTy

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

That's a good point. Maybe I will just have to scrape a little extra together. Thanks