Any pc laptop comparable to Macbook Pro 13 for photo editing, games, movies?

newor

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I'm thinking of buying the macbook pro 13" but I'm still not sure if I should spend everything I have on one. I've done some research on other pc laptops that have similar specs to the macbook pro but haven't found one that I really like more than the mac pro. A friend recommended me a Lenovo and I'm somewhat interested.

I would like to mainly use it for things like photoshop and other editing software, perhaps some 3D modeling later on, also some games and movies.

1. What is your budget?
around $1,400

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
don't really want anything big, so something below 15" that doesn't weight a lot.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1280 by 800 or better

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
both

5. How much battery life do you need?
around 4

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Simcity 5 - medium
Sims 3- medium

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
photoshop, some video editing, movies, and just regular school work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb+

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/
http://www.apple.com/

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
if it can play both would be great

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Lenovo
Sony
Dell

13. What country do you live in?
U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
this will be my first laptop, i've had a dell desktop for a long time now so I definitely need something portable.

any help would be gladly appreciated, thanks :)

newor

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

I don't really care much about a touchscreen, since I'm thinking of going into computer science (rather embarrassing considering how little I know about computers, reason why I'm here...), I want something thats going to handle whatever programs I'll be using at school. Adding to that some movies and 3D video games, but I don't want to spend more than 1400.