App Developer Claims to Make $1M Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
"for each employee" good luck with that, my estimate is that about 3-4 of them see the majority of the $$$, the rest are just peons who will make $50,000 per year.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
Don't know much about how this type of market works, but if Apple got one thing right was the $1 per app prototype. Unlike anything M$, no I'm not a Macfanboy, I'm a PC, where everything done down to the developers is about money. Yes Apple is about money to, but they got the app store right from the beginning. Make it affordable, this way if it's a bust you don't feel as cheated. Offer something fun, and cheap and then create a service around it and they will come.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Thats a louda bollocks, if they were making that much from there app's Im sure their "wave" would have already hit the news by now, with all details confirmed and public. Heck, Im sure apple will pay them to release that info just to get more publicity on their products and their app store.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
In-app Adverts really piss me off. It doesn't matter if it's on a phone or your computer, it's absolute crap and needs to be smashed as soon as humanly possible. You can't take a crap without someone shoving a product up your exposed anus. I canceled cable for this exact reason... now I watch everything on Hulu (where i can browse in a new tabs while the BS is muted). I guess I'll have to turn to programming for my friggin' self soon.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]If only everyone in this world would give me 1 penny... Just 1 penny from each of you, cmon![/citation]
one of these days im gonna ask everyone in my town for a quarter... when I have that much free time ;)

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I detest Apple, but I gotta hand it to 'em... they nailed it with iTunes/iPod and again with the App Store. It's just crazy to think that most any programmer out there can create some application and receive 70% of the retail price of it... lord knows why they have so many apps now! And there's Apple just raking in that other 30%! I look forward to a Verizon iPhone in 2010!

atticus052

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
First the gov taxes the business' income and the company gets its $600,000 a month. Then you get taxed for another 40% on your income have your 18 grand to spend, then you go to spend it and the government takes 10% of that... so $216k~ish a year depending on what state you live in, AND you know the CEO isn't taking an even share.

My props to the entrepreneurs though...

G

Never heard of any of the afformentioned companies before. And now that i have... Nothing has changed.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The problem is that the mobile app business is a risky venture. It's volitile and even for Mac lovers, you still see people moving from phone to phone, carrier to carrier. The average person keeps their phone for what? 2-3 years tops?

Great for this company to be in the right place at the right time but when the next iProduct or awesome phone comes out that doesn't work with their apps, you'll see people jumping like flies at a junkyard.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
is the gross or net? Because they surely have to pay licensing fees for the music they use, and I could see that chewing a lot of that million a month if the number they're giving is gross.

G

Sounds like they are trying to hype an IPO before flying off to a non-extradition country to me.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
wow, I'm sure that almost makes up for the millions of developers who have failed (after giving Apple their dev fee of course, Apple always wins).

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]If only everyone in this world would give me 1 penny... Just 1 penny from each of you, cmon![/citation]

But then we'd have to give everybody 1 penny (fair is fair), and if everybody gave everybody 1 penny, we'd still all be broke.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I got Tap Tap revenge 3, Nine Inch Nails, and Metallica for free; I guess i feel less guilty, since neither me or my fellow hackers are bankrupting you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.