Solved! app for laptop computer

Solution
From what I can see, FIXD is a device which plugs into a car' OBDII ports, and connects to an smartphone app. If you already have the device, and you don't have a smartphone, you're probably $59 short (unless someone hacks it). But if you need a device with similar functionality and laptop' app, @USAFret' suggestion will work.

Edit: There are guides on the 'Net explaining how to install an Android emulator on your laptop (makoning it appear as an Android phone), and then installing FIXD' android app inside. How well this works - only you cant test, and cant telll. But if you already have this "gizmo", it's worth trying.
From what I can see, FIXD is a device which plugs into a car' OBDII ports, and connects to an smartphone app. If you already have the device, and you don't have a smartphone, you're probably $59 short (unless someone hacks it). But if you need a device with similar functionality and laptop' app, @USAFret' suggestion will work.

Edit: There are guides on the 'Net explaining how to install an Android emulator on your laptop (makoning it appear as an Android phone), and then installing FIXD' android app inside. How well this works - only you cant test, and cant telll. But if you already have this "gizmo", it's worth trying.

Solution

sister_petra

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for info. Fortunately, I did not order the FIXD until I asked some questions. I may investigate your suggestion about the Android emulator or just use my brother's smart phone to install the app. I presume that would work