APPCRASH error codes with some programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amourettie

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
Hi there.
About 4 months ago I got a new Corsair CS850M PSU, Intel 4790k CPU, MSI 97x gaming 5 Motherboard, and a Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler for my pc. Everything was running great until a couple weeks ago. These issues started randomly, I had not installed anything new or made any physical changes to my pc.
At first, I noticed that Google Chrome was loading pages extremely slow. I noticed it wasn't an internet connection issue because i am connected to ethernet and the computer next to me was loading content quickly with no issues. I ignored it and dealt with it because i was too lazy to reinstall chrome. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the other issues im having, this is just something i noticed not long before i started getting APPCRASH error codes for certain programs.
The problem began when i was playing Overwatch one day and while i was in the middle of a game, i got an APPCRASH error for adobe creative cloud, which i never use. I ignored the error and then eventually Battlenet crashed as well, giving me a similar error code. Mind you, when battlenet crashes, the game will remain open and is still playable.
This still frustraited me so i closed the game, and tried to reopen battlenet. Thats when i got the error code yet again, but this time battlenet wouldnt open at all. i decided to restart my computer.
When it turned back on. i had 5 APPCRASH codes for several programs that failed to open on startup for example, razer synapse. I was confused by this so i tried to open google chrome to look up the error codes. when trying to open, it would crash immediately. i decided to uninstall chrome and reinstall using internet explorer (which also crashed several times beforehand and mid chrome re-install). when i opened it, it worked fine and has worked fine ever since. This makes no sense to me.
So i tried to reinstall all the programs that were crashing, assuming maybe i would have the same results as i did with chrome. This didn't work. With battlenet in particular. i only get appcrash error codes about 50% of the time. I can usually just keep trying to open it and eventually it works. This happens with about half the programs during installation or attempting to open them.
I ruled out hardware issues by replacing the ram, PSU, switched motherboards, installed a new HDD and SSD, and also tried unplugging the GPU and running off internal graphics. At this point the only hardware related issue im thinking it could be is CPU. However, it is only 4 months old, and if it was a seating issue, it doesnt make sense to me why 4 months later it would start giving me issues, not immediately after it was installed.
I reinstalled the OS around 10 times now, ruling out a virus and corrupted OS files. Trying 2 different windows 7 OEM discs, Windows 7, 8 and 10 via a USB drive. And obviously, i've tried updating my drivers and windows.
If anyone has any suggestions as to what i could do please help.
I haven't been able to find anyone on the internet who has had the same issue. And it's leaving all my tech-savvy friends scratching their heads.
Thanks.
Here is an example of the APPCRASH error i am receiving.
(the error code changes depending on which program is crashing).
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Battle.net Helper.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 57b4a855
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23418
Fault Module Timestamp: 5708a7e4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00021e92
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4c0d
Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
Additional Information 3: 4c0d
Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Amourettie

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

No. The 2 discs i installed were OEM windows 7 discs. The current OS is my own, that i purchased from the store. So I know it's legit.
My Computer is not overclocked.
I installed Adobe CreativeCloud from the Adobe Website.

Status
Not open for further replies.