Apple Closed Retail Stores in Memory of Steve Jobs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Please do, I'd love to hear some![/citation]
[nom]molempire[/nom]Steve Jobs’ funeral will be held next week, after which he will be reburied every six months in a slightly better coffin.

What’s the difference between cancer and a black man?
Cancer gets Jobs.

I was overjoyed to hear that the father of Apple had died.
But imagine my disappointment when I found out that Chris Martin is still alive.

RIP to Steve Jobs, who always lived life to the macs.

You can bet Steve Jobs’ funeral won’t be a flash affair.

“Finally laid to rest in a sleek white casket, the late Steve Jobs is surrounded by mourners in a massive cathedral. As the afternoon sunlight shines down on him through intricate stained glass revealing a beautiful spectrum of colours, Mr. Jobs will be remembered in death as he was in life.
Overshadowed by windows.”

I wonder if just before Steve Jobs died his life Quick Timed before his eyes?

Who makes jokes about Steve Jobs being dead?! iDon’t.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So are all Unix-based machines (~70% of all Internet servers, mainframes at big businesses, Macs, iDevices and Android, and the occasional hobbyist machine) being shut down in memory of Dennis Ritchie?[/citation]I'm sure Dennis appreciated the importance of uptime so shutting them down in his memory would be an insult.

G

The people in the pic aren't praying FOR Steve Jobs, they're praying TO him.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Steve_Jobs_Jokes_Star-Wars.jpg

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
so... they closed the stores 2 weeks later to cash in on jobs death, now closing them, for one last go at cashing in on his death by making it a news story again.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You can tell the ages of the people in this thread by simply reading their comments. Talk about children.[/citation]Really? Guess my age. Please.
Maybe I am a 13 year old iKid with no tact.
-or-
Maybe I'm just a 35 year old engineer working unnecessary overtime; bored with almost nothing to do; having some fun with the fact that people think of this dead guy as some kind of demigod.

You choose. Doesn't matter to me if you think iSuck for making jokes about poor 'ol dead Jobsy.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You can tell the ages of the people in this thread by simply reading their comments. Talk about children.[/citation]
Pffft. Please, somebody is pissed not everyone was up Jobs' ass. I don't hate Jobs and Apple but this crap that people idolized him SO MUCH that to make it sound like he was what brought about technology is such a joke! Mr. Ritchie should be given all the media spotlight seeing how what he did was more important than what Jobs could have ever done!...any true developer knows what I'm talking about

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Really? Guess my age. Please.Maybe I am a 13 year old iKid with no tact. -or-Maybe I'm just a 35 year old engineer working unnecessary overtime; bored with almost nothing to do; having some fun with the fact that people think of this dead guy as some kind of demigod.You choose. Doesn't matter to me if you think iSuck for making jokes about poor 'ol dead Jobsy.[/citation]

I wonder if you realise that the fact you're older actually makes it even more pathetic?

As does your unfulfilling, boring rookie job.

Explains a lot though. At least now I can bear that in mind whenever you cry at anything anti-Android.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I wonder if you realise that the fact you're older actually makes it even more pathetic?As does your unfulfilling, boring rookie job.Explains a lot though. At least now I can bear that in mind whenever you cry at anything anti-Android.[/citation]You can call it pathetic, I call it entertaining. Getting to rile up fanboys like you makes my day.

If you read my posts you'll know I'm not anti-anything. I own a WP7 phone, an iPod touch, and an iPad2. I don't even own anything Android. I just find it funny how you are so Apple biased that you post links upon links of info trying to get people to join your side. I find that kind of pathetic, but that's okay because it makes me laugh.

BTW, who said my job is unfulfilling and boring? I work mandatory 50 hour weeks, so I get bored, but I find mechical design work to be very fulfilling.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]You can call it pathetic, I call it entertaining. Getting to rile up fanboys like you makes my day.If you read my posts you'll know I'm not anti-anything. I own a WP7 phone, an iPod touch, and an iPad2. I don't even own anything Android. I just find it funny how you are so Apple biased that you post links upon links of info trying to get people to join your side. I find that kind of pathetic, but that's okay because it makes me laugh.BTW, who said my job is unfulfilling and boring? I work mandatory 50 hour weeks, so I get bored, but I find mechical design work to be very fulfilling.[/citation]

The only one who seems 'riled up' are people like yourself who constantly try to convince the intelligent half of the world that Android is better because '1.2 is more than 0.8!!!!' and that 'open source is so important' despite Android not being open source at all.

If you read MY posts, you'll see I'm no fanboy, I point out facts, and logical conclusions. They just so happen to mostly correct Android fans because they tend to be the most delusional. I don't expect them to 'join my side' - the only side I have is being correct - but an educated reader wont get misinformed by ridiculously stupid comments.

By the way, LOL @ this

'who said my job is unfulfilling and boring? I work mandatory 50 hour weeks, so I get bored'

The tragic thing here is that you claim to be laughing at me, but really you're a middle aged loner, stuck in a dead end, low paid job making jokes about someone's death on an online forum to try and make yourself feel better.

I don't need to claim I'm laughing at you to make my life feel good. Bless, you middle aged kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.