Apple Confirms iTunes Hack; Banishes Developer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I had an iTunes account once to purchase two songs. Several months later, some BS developer hacked my Paypal account and withdrew $50. Took me three weeks of going back and forth with Apple customer service to get that back. They deleted my account, and now I can't access those two songs I purchased because they were DRM'd.

Never using iTunes again. Been happy with Amazon MP3 ever since.

codefuapprentice

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I've tried iTunes in the past but i personally didn't like it, and luckily i don't need anything like iTunes to use my Creative Zen.
I tend to rip from CDs and never buy MP3s as i'd rather pay for the original disc whenever possible.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i have itunes but i've never actually bought any songs through it... and neve will. only reason i have it is i won a 160gb ipod classic :D with music i'drather own the actual cd with the case and album art. when i buy a dvd i'd rather have the case and all and just rip it onto my hardrive in case disk gets messed up.. as for ebooks, i'd rather have a real book. paper books never require batteries and my bookmark is also a led booklight so i can still read if its dark ..

moral of the story i keep my info safe and get physical media which usually costs the same if nto less than it woudl if i did buy the dmr and i have physical media in case of some sort ot error liek itunes down or my computer breaking

applegotmelaid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Thats 133,333,333.33 users. Hmmm.... 6.8 Billion in the world... thats 0.0196 percent of planet earth not including non homo-sapiens. Quite a force to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.